1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH defeats Rice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bottlerocket, Nov 26, 2005.

1. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Looks like we are going are going bowling.
    Rice, thanks for returning the 'Bucket' back to its proper owners.

Eat 'em up! Eat 'em up! Go Coogs! Go!

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Congrats to the Coogs. Honestly, this is the best news Rice could have hoped for, as it furthers our goal of having Hatfield canned.

I just hope the Bayou Bucket is safe from vandals in the 3rd Ward. Rice will be needing it back in one piece next year.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's not offensive.

#3 pgabriel, Nov 26, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  4. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Ruck Fice
    How we do
    Gottim Coogs!!

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

And another somewhat seemingly gracious post ruined...

6. surrender

surrender Member

Hatfield isn't that bad of a coach, considering both his history and the situation that he's in right now. If they fire him, could Rice do any better?

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

damn, that game was today?

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Could UH do better than Dimel?

Being competitive in C-USA is not hard.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Where is that manifestation of karma known as bigtexxx? Normally he jumps all over college football threads, yet he is conspicuous in his absence. :confused: That is irresponsible of him regarding his duties to the greater BBS community, as this is how rumors get started.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing..

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow, I've been called out by SamFisher, esq.

Nice win by the Coogs. Rice had a truly horrendous season and I hope Hatfield is gone, but I don't think that will happen because Rice won't spend money on athletics to buy out his contract (nevermind that our endowmnent is bigger than UT-Austin's or the entire A&M system...). It's widely believed that our new president at Rice wants to get rid of football, and leaving Hatfield at the helm might just be the trick to do it... We've lost almost all of the fans that used to go to the games - our football team is dying a slow death.

SamFisher - where did you attend college?

12. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

That's news to me. I very seriously doubt that Rice's endowment is anywhere near UT or the A&M system. As a matter of fact, UT's endowment is top 5 in the nation.

13. bigtexxx

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0112636.html

15. William Marsh Rice University $3.3B
    16. Texas A&M University $3.2B
    22. Univ. of Texas - Austin $2.0B

What's funny about that is that Rice has 2,800 undergrads, UT and A&M both have around 40,000.

14. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

The University of Texas System is 5th. I assume that's a conglomeration of all of the UT schools (UT-Dallas, UTEP, etc.).

15. bigtexxx

I just looked it up. The UT system is made up of 9 Universities (Arlington, Austin, Brownsville, Dallas, El Paso, Pan American, Permian Basin, San Antonio, and Tyler) plus 6 health institutions (Southwestern Medical Branch - Dallas, UTMB - Galveston, UT Health Science Center Houston, UT Health Science Center San Antonio, MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Health Center at Tyler).

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm sorry no one on this board feels sorry for Rice football. We will continue to laugh and dish out ass kickings. While you may play it off that it (football) doesn't bother you, it should if you are a true fan of Rice.

Rice Football...Never was good, isn't good, never will be good...get your season tickets today!

#16 Smokey, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

rice suxxxxxxxxx

18. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

You forgot the word football at the end. You can be a fan of a school (or proud of your alma mater) without worrying about a sport, right?

Silly point, I know - but thought it was worth mentioning that sports does not have to define a university.

And for goodness' sakes, UH has some great things, too. As a Rice alum:
    * I want to see Hatfield go - his argument for keeping the option because it's all we can do with the recruitable talent is terrible. It may be true, but it's very limiting as well. The team will never surprise anyone. And he's a dolt for his homosexual comments - that should have been enough to say buh-bye.
    * I don't care if Rice moves down to I-AA for football. It's not a travesty; I don't see why people care (unless it's because of the slippery slope to AAA).
    * Seeing UH do well is great - more exposure for the *city* is fine by me. Let's not have any scandals like during the Jenkins era, and I'll be a happy Houstonian.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well that isn't necessarily true. Those early '50s Owl teams with Dicky Moegle were badass or so I have heard. :p

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

the second post.

spin.

This is a no spin zone, damnit.