1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey 4th of July, what are you doing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr_oily, Jul 4, 2001.

1. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I worked half a day and am proceeding to drink some Budwiesers in the sun while working in my backyard cacti garden...

Also, I'll avoid the crazy people!

Whatever the case you guys be careful!
    [​IMG]

------------------
    "And we have mechanical means of representing objects in nature, such as the camera and the photograph. The modern artist is expressing an inner world, expressing the energy, the motion, and other inner forces. The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating."
    -Jackson Pollock

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

After working a partial day at work, I'm gonna chill at the casa with the wife type person. We're gonna have a 4th of July meal of veggie dogs, tater salad and some watermelon along with some nice cold brew and or 'ritas....

have a safe and happy 4th everyone.

oh and remember... if you have dogs and fireworks will be near by please keep them safe as some dogs tend to run away during loud fireworks.

rH

------------------
    visit: groovehouse.org

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Nothing much. Drinking bear, eating bbq, burning flags... The usual.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

"I want to be like Olajon." -Sagana Diop has the right idea...

Keep the ???? alive!

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm gonna try the AK-47 I just got! rattarattatrattatrattatarat up in the air!!!!!..... [​IMG] , just kidding!...BBQ squirrel, of course.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

We just installed a new fence on part of the house . . . ugh, now I'm covered in mud, after it rained [​IMG]

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

My parents just left the house to me, myself, and I for two weeks this morning...So I am planning evil things to do while they are gone...

just kidding [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

7. haven

haven Member

Well, I went to the Boston Harbor and listend to the Pops and some singer I didn't recognize (distant) and then saw some fireworks. Earlier, we had balcony-made barbeque and drank some beer (newcastle... mmmm).

------------------
    Clutchcity.net... source for all your Rockets, Astros, political, music, humor, and Gordita news.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Had friends over and barbecued like crazy. Steaks, Shrimps and chicken. I am so stuffed I had to.... well I'll just leave that part out. [​IMG]

------------------

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Well, since I've been on bit of a "diet" this year (and doing quite well, I might add), I don't get to eat like I used to very often. I haven't had a hamburger from a fast-food place in about 5 months.... and I love the Wendy's Texas Double Cheeseburger. mmmmmmmm...

Anyways, back to today. The wife and I went over a friends house to grill up some food and hang out.

We had some veggie skewers (mushrooms, red, yellow, and green bell peppers, red onions, zucchini, and squash), hot dogs, sausages, chicken breasts, and I got a 1.42 lb ribeye all to my self. Holy Cow was it good!

While we were preparing the food for the grill we also had some delicious deviled eggs and a little cabernet (not necessarily together). A little later we had some lemonade and vodka.

For dessert we had some jello and whipped cream, yummy.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

10. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Well, I went to the Boston Harbor and listend to the Pops

My parents went to school in Boston and were disappointed that they didn't play the 1812 overture for the finale like they usually do.

------------------
    The Smurfs were Communists