1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CAN I JUST SAY THAT I HATE MEMPHIS!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fatty fat fat, Jul 4, 2001.

1. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

I'm sorry. But anyone who has heard me rave before knows that I am a Divorcee, who has an ex-wife who does nothing but shove her new husband in my face, and lets me know that my 2-1/2 year old son considers the new guy "dad".

Anyway, that is for the Courts and thousands of dollars to decide. My Grief is... (and yes I know this is petty) I HATE that my son, as of right now, is going to be in a city that has a new b-ball team.
    I can't explain to anyone how this feels, and if it seems peculiar, than all I can say is that I empathize. (I can't really rationalize the feelings, myself) But... I really, for these reasons, can't stand Memphis! (Or Tennessee, for that matter, they "did" take our football team as well, after all!) Anyway.. I know this is off the wall, but I've been hanging here long enough to vent! (in my opinion, at least!) Sorry to those who read this the wrong way.

------------------
    "I never did like that "Dr. Stupid""-Monty Burns

[This message has been edited by fatty fat fat (edited July 04, 2001).]

2. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

FattyFat...
    As far as hating Memphis because they have a new BBall team!? Just look on the bright side and be thankful you live right here in Houston Texas! WE've got an exciting new bunch of players, a new arena, a new football team, a new football arena, our old basketball arena is gonna be a house of GOD and our city is waaaaay more exciting than two-toothed Memphis! [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about the kid thing. Man, that would just kill me! I hope everything comes out alright, just make sure he knows who daddy is. Be in his life as much as possible, be in contact as much as possible, keep sending things in the mail to the point of annoying your ex (but in a loving way for the child of course [​IMG]) and show you love him as much as possible! [​IMG]

------------------
    "And we have mechanical means of representing objects in nature, such as the camera and the photograph. The modern artist is expressing an inner world, expressing the energy, the motion, and other inner forces. The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating."
    -Jackson Pollock

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I was just over at the Fanhome.com basketball boards, and I must say that it looks funny seeing a board for the Memphis Grizzlies.

I like Memphis, though.

------------------
    Why not visit MovieForums.com

4. fatty fat fat

fatty fat fat Member

Thanks for the expressions, oily! Appreciate it.

------------------
    "I never did like that "Dr. Stupid""-Monty Burns

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

And remember their "new" team is the still the grizzlies.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org