1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A&M vs UT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Nov 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

But I didn't say that though. As a matter of fact, a few posts prior, I said that losing by only 11 is a win for the Aggies. That is a compliment to Longhorn nation. You guys have an awesome team. No one questions that. But I take offense to people who think that Aggies are all hicks just like how many Longhorns take offense to Aggies who think all UT people are flag-burning homosexuals.

But anyway, good win for UT.

2. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

It is not classy at all. It's wrong and it is stupid. I said it to prove a point. I even mentioned that many Aggies are guilty of the exact same thing. That is why I apologized for saying it in the very same post.

3. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i think all of us can agree that tech fans are the worst in the state of texas..... :p

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no one does moral victories quite like the boys from college station.

it's the gift that keeps on giving.

man, what a horrendous game. played like complete crap on offense and defense. if not for a blocked punt, a muffed punt, and that INT at the 15, we put up 23 points. somehow a&m's defense became as good as ohio state's over the off week. vince couldn't pass, he couldn't run, ramonce kept running backwards, the receivers dropped passes, PI penalties were turned into INT's, the line couldn't block, no one on the D could figure out how to get outside or stop the run against a team that couldn't pass. i'll assume this was just a horrible letdown since this team has obviously played much much better games.

and thanks to the way the heisman works, vince won't be winning it. apparently what happens is reggie bush takes as much time off from playing well as needed, and then when he has his best game of the season, we compare it to vince in his next game and if it isn't as good, bush wins the heisman. the double standard sucks, as bush was never penalized for off weeks. i guess vince will just have to win it next year.

and i wouldn't count on chizik adjusting to rushes outside. he hasn't all year and we continually get beat outside and have all the LB's and DE's pinned inside. it's just amazing that we haven't adjusted all year. chizik needs to give back his paycheck for this week b/c he obviously took the week off and forgot a&m actually likes to run the option (which they do all the time and would be even more likely to do w/ the backup). usc will score 35 minimum on us. fortunately, usc looked just as bad against fresno state, so assuming our O shows up, we've got at least 35 for them. the rose bowl might be the first team to 70 wins.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The irony is A&M actually stood to make more money by losing than winning.
    Their conference share of The Rose Bowl is probably more that their net after expenses in The Poulan Weedeater Bowl.

I think Vince musta had the flu today. He never looked like he had any energy. Plus as the day wore on he probably knew he was blowing any shot at the Heisman by being lackluster in front of a national audience, even more so after the week Bush had last week.

Oh well, a win's a win. 11-0 and on to bigger games.

And at least Vince is the front runner for next year's Heisman.

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Yes but those failures have always been glossed over because we won big. This was a game we couldve lost. The opponents knew it but our own team believed how great we were.

I found it hilariious that before the start of the 3rd quarter, the sideline reporter quoted Mack Brown saying how he was surprised at how easily they were able to run the ball.

A$M continued to pound us inside and out and we continued to lose containment.

If this isn't a wakeup call, I don't know what is.

They have a whole month to prepare and there can't be any excuses after what happened today.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Good game, very entertaining.

Congrats to UT. Good luck against USC, you are going to need it after having a hard time against my woeful Aggies. ;)

8. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Count me among those who thought UT would dominate. I was obviously wrong. Hopefully this is a blessing for the coaching staff and the team and they use this as a reminder that you have to show up every week.

The one thing that can be taken from this game is perhaps a reawakening of a rivalry that many UT fans (myself included) have found non existant. Once McGee learns how to pass the ball well (he's only a Freshman, I believe) he'll be a double threat and much more dangerous.

Good game by the Aggies and the Horns.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The Aggs gave us all we could handle this afternoon, ya'll played a great game. Franchione executed a really good plan and really caught us off guard w/ the option offense. I don't anyone knew McGee had some wheels on him.

Even though it has been all UT for the last couple years, it just shows that nothing is all that easy on Kyle Field. See ya'll next year.

10. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

You have to excuse bigtexxx. It must suck going to school that no one cares about and living vicariously through other teams.

Your shtick is tired and weak man.

11. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

owned haha

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Vince Young is soo overrated, there is no way he should be a top pick. Those who say the texans should draft him are on drugs. He can only hit players in the flats. Every other throw is behind the receivers , overthrown etcc. Although,h e can run like hell though. There is no way this guy can be a good nfl quarterback. The only time he passes well is when he has all day to throw or dumps it off. He is also a classless arrogant piece of trash like a good portion of Texas fans.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

yes, the most classless thing he does is the way he constantly praises opposing defenders for making good plays against him, or hitting him hard. What a dick.

14. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

In that moronic paragraph, at least you got 1 thing right.

15. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

no other response than that? I don't think he made a good throw all day.

16. updawg

updawg Member

not worthy of a response

17. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

How bout you not call people trash.

There are only a couple of reasons I can think of why you would call Vincent Young a classless arrogant piece of trash.

1)You were laying points today.
    2)Vince stole your scholarship.
    3)Vince f***ed your sister.
    4)You are a milkman.

I'm betting it's either 1 or 4. Whoop.

18. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

Seriously, the whole VY can't throw and VY will be a (insert any position other than QB) in the NFL sh*t-talking is so two years ago.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Haha, another Agg that can't stand another lost. It's really ashame that you have to put in a moronic post like this, especially since this thread has been somewhat tame considering the rivalry between us.

But you're right, I guess he's overrated. I mean, just look at his career so far:

1. #3 QB in the nation in QB rating.
    2. Is 28-2 as a starter for UT.
    3. Has completely broken most of UT's offensive records.
    4. Won the RoseBowl.
    5. Won RoseBowl MVP.
    6. Beat tOSU at home.
    7. Has won 17 games in a row.
    8. Completing 63.5% of his passes.

And I forgot how classless he is when he gives a pat on the helmet for every defender that brings him down. Real classy dude, quit while your ahead.

20. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

if you think vince can only hit players in the flats you haven't see a lot of vince young. that is flat out STUPID statement. he throws the ball well all around the field. yes, he had a poor game today, but other great players have had bad games. that is what today's game was for vince, a bad game. yeah, it will probably cost him the heisman but that doesn't take away the fact that he is still the most dynamic QB in college football and is 28-2 as a starter.