1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade yao now!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chaosad, Nov 24, 2005.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Only a YOF Would say something as stupid as that.We havre a better shot at wining a title With tracy then yao. look how much this team struggles with tracy.

2. jli

jli Member

Sadly what he said is 100% true !

3. vincejas

vincejas Member

For how long will the fans close their eyes and not see the truth. YAo sucks. It is unforgivable to fail to score and grab rebounds in double figures agains an undersized teams like the suns. its pathetic its so yaooooo. Yao needs to go and fans should understand. Yao just dont get it. He needs to score he needs to rebound he needs to be the dominant player that he should be he needs to be on the floor every minute of it burning his ass off. Y, theres no tmac. Rockets will not win with no tmac and with p***y plays from yao. Everybody lets bid playoffs good bye. The west is just so strong and clippers are winning. The kings will make their run and the lakers with an inspired kobe would lead them to the playoffs. And the rockets, well lets just watch and enjoy another hohum finals series between the pistons and the spurs.

4. rvpals

rvpals Member

To me, one without the other, you have the same kind of chance to win a title (which is 0.0001% chance) No matter if it's either TMac or Yao. TMac can put up 80 points if he wants to, without another star, it's not gonna matter he'll end up losing.

The reason TMac wants to come to Houston is because of Yao. The reason Yao wants to stay and signed the max extension is because he knows TMac is gonna be there.

Stop all these bullsht nonsense of trading one or the other, the new Rockets is not Rockets without TMac or Yao.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I've beemn steadfast about my resolve of not trading yao. i just think we're not gonna get anything even remotely close to his value if we trade him. i'm willing to stick it out, just because of his sheer potential.

6. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

Do you mind to share your wisdom to show me what I said wrong? Stop kissing the ass of TMac who is just a ball hog, selfish and unloyal to his teamates and fans.

7. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I don't think you understand. A) Even with the Suns game where he was doubled nearly the entire time, Yao is still averaging 18/8. If that sucks then I'll take a sucky player any day of the week. B) If Yao goes who comes in? Who exactly is this dominant player we're going to get back who will destroy the competition? J O'Neal is averaging 20/10. I doubt the Pacers would give him up for Yao. Who exactly are we going to get who would be close to what Yao brings to this team? C) HE WAS FREAKING DOUBLED ALMOST THE ENTIRE GAME. Ron Artest single-handedly shut down Lebron last night, should the Cavs dump him? Show men a player in the league who would throw up monster points/rebounds when he's being doubled the entire time. Not when the ball comes to him, but has a man on his front and his back before he even gets the ball. Who would have a monster game under those conditions?

A) Yao is doing that. Half the problem is that he doesn't even get the ball. Yao only had 7 field goal attempts against the Suns. Why? Because the Suns did everything they could to take him out of the offense. Who would have had a big game when his teammates couldn't get him the ball. Not even Shaq can score if he doesn't get a post feed. B) The Kings will make a run? The Lakers will make the playoffs? [Jim Mora] PLAYOFFS!?!? PLAYOFFS!?!?![Jim Mora] Wow, if you think the Lakers will make the playoffs then I think your problem with Yao is your unable to take a realistic assessment of NBA players. C) Feel free to pull up this post and eat crow when the Rockets are in the playoffs.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

T-MAC A ball hog?. you just proved you know nothing.

9. m004378

m004378 Member

1)yao for snopy and charlie brown
    2)yao for mickey mouse
    3) for asian market sake, yao for hello kitty

10. bulk

bulk Member

No need of this argument. Rockets are losing and fans need to cry and scream to release the anger. Yao sucks now so it's good chance for some guys to jump out bashing and throwing YOF labels all around.

The team will be OK. Great thing needs time to build. Let's just keep our faith, and wait for the day to come.

11. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Is this a joke? I don't have my sarcasm meter turned on tonight.

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Funniest **** I've ever read on clutchfans.

13. AnswerTmac

AnswerTmac Contributing Member

we just definitely had a tough time before the Thanksgiving. once everybody gets satisfied with the Turkey;there would be a terrific triumph. :D

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Could everyone quit pointing out Yao's marketing value. It does not matter if he is not producing wins for this team. I would hope it means more to the rockets brass to win than keep a player because of his marketable value to Asians.

That is completely irrelavant whne talking about Yao's worth.

How much time are we supposed to give Yao. 19 and 9 is not a bust however the rockets are 0-6 with him as a leading scorer.

He is a third option at best. He won't be the 25 and 13 guy we all had prayed for. He is a slow 7'6 jump shooter who looks good in spurts.

Yao for Garnett(which I doubt will happen) would be a good trade for the rockets. Garnett is much better than Yao. His stats, his heart, his aggresion to win, and he is only 29. Dream didn't win it until he was 31

KG would put up better numbers on this team than yao. him and T-Mac each have about 6 years left. Put them together and we will be contenders.

I like what Yao brings(which is not a superstar) but after 4 years it is evidnet Yao is what he is. How much time are we supposed to give him? T-Mac came here b/c of Yao, if Yao doesn't produce, T-Mac will want to go somewhere he can win.

Take Yao's marketabilty and stick it up your ass, that is by no means a reason we should keep Yao. We keep yao because he produces wins and Championships, if he can't do that we need to get someone else.

15. bulk

bulk Member

Yao is the 3rd option?! He won't be the 25 and 13 guy that's why he's a 3rd option? What kind of "25 and 13 guy" you can get for a 3rd option? If he can't bring a champianship then he has to be traded? And you wanna trade a 3rd option for KG?

Gesus, some people need to pass the IQ test to join this board.

16. bulk

bulk Member

Just settle down with the fact: Yao is not a player like Shaq, TD who can lead the team. He is not a role player who live on super star's feed either. He's one of the best centers now, not higher, not lower. That's all.

Don't blame the TEAM's lost on Yao, cause he's not THE ONE. Don't contribute the TEAM's win to him either, if they'll ever win without TMAC. The same applies to TMAC --- well, he has yet to prove himself to be the guy who can lead the team to a final.

17. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

And a YOF would not care where Yao plays, so I find it hard to believe he's a YOF just because he defended a Yao trade. Face it, if Yao is traded tomorrow, this board would be without any YOF's tomorrow.

18. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Dear, that is not how it works. They would come back with threads every time Yao did anything to give you the "I told you so".

19. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

This is so stupid topic, the person who started it should be kicked *** !!

If Houston traded Yao, Tracy McGrady will be gone in one year too, because he does not want to stay in a place like Orlando all over again! Kobe will be so happy that he will be pumped up and yell out for Yao to join him !! Watch then Lakers to repeat Dynasty for another three times !!

That's perfectly fine to me, as I stated before, I am more of a Yao fan than a Houston fan, it's just that it does not make much difference for now, unless the idiot wins to have traded Yao ...

Be cool.

20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Would it still prove that they are Rockets fans afterall? If they don't care about the team at all, why would they bother to show up on the Rockets bbs?

Do you see Lakers fans (Shaq only fans) going back to Magic board to post "I told you so"?

If there are Magic fans on their board post "I told you so", then they are Magic fans.

If YOFs don't care about this team at all, they would only wish Yao to get good health, good stats, and good money, why would they care the team win or loss? Why would they care whether TMac comes back early? If TMac doesn't come back healthy, Yao will be the No. 1 guy, if I was a YOF, I would love to see that. If I was a YOF, I would like to see Yao get better stats in a losing team, which makes him a nation wide tragic hero, a lonely warrior without any support, isn't that even better for coverage and sympathy? Maybe he can then go to an even better team? Now, you tell me, why would YOFs want this team to win, why would they oppose the Rockets to trade Yao for anyone?