1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's better Tupac or 50 Cent?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Nov 10, 2005.

?

Who's better?

1. Tupac

145 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. 50 Cent

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tupac killed rap by making it mainstream. Well...he's tied with Russel Simmons for that honor. There were more rappers that were hardcore, like Big L who also got shot, but Tupac's fame ultimately made hiphop what it is right now....a joke.

Comparing Tupac with 50? Tupac is like the Great-Godfather of 50. Without Tupac, there would be no 50. For better or worse.

2. astroagg

astroagg Member

3. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

nailed it right on the ****ing head.

4. AlexVanderpool

50 Cent is one of the biggest no-talent jokes to hit hip hop. For anyone to speak of him in the same breath as Tupac is both a disgrace to that person's intelligence and to hip hop in general. 50 has made his career off of dre's beats, eminem's lyrics, and mtv's hype - based on the number of gunshot wounds he sustained during his rough life, which, the last time I checked, has nothing to do with rapping ability. Here is what does count:

Lyrics: Being able to write most of the lyrics that you spit and have them actually mean something makes you a real artist.
    The best in order IMO: Tupac, Nas, Biggie, Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z.

Delivery: Being able to spit the rhyme with some freakin' emotion (usually done when they are your OWN lyrics)
    The best in order IMO: Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Kanye.

50 comes up short in both categories since he doesnt write the vast majority of his rhymes and his unemotional, monotone delivery makes every song sound the same, i.e. candy shop and magic stick.

The best rappers alive: Eminem, Kanye, Nas, Jay-Z

Hater: A term used by frauds who are desperately scared of getting exposed.

5. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Obie Trice >>>> 50.

Now what does that tell you about 50 compared to Tupac?

50 Cent is just a joke who makes white, suburban, 14 year old girls jump up and dance whenever they hear one of his songs.

Tupac = Expression.

50 = Entertainment.

50 is not a real artist, he's just an entertainer. And he's not that entertaining if you know anything about rap.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL, good post, CK. This question is one that doesn't even need to be asked. The answer is so obvious.

7. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

50's not even in the top 10 of best rappers. Dude is overhyped and overrated. What was he without Dre and EM? A bum on the streets. Pac was a poet, a true artist, something lacking in rap/hip hop these days. 50 has been a wannabe Pac from day one. He used his whole being shot 5 times thing to be like pac, tries to sing hooks like pac did and is riding beefs to sell albums which Pac did in part but was not his whole persona (he had reason to beef with Biggie and Bad Boy unlike 50 who just creates fake beefs for the sake of selling albums).

Pac's songs had messages, yeah he had party songs and such that were fun to listen to but alot of his songs had social messages. Pac's worse album, would be a classic for 50. 50 can never touch "Me against the World", "All Eyes on Me" and "Makaveli". Those are all classic.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Thought Kanye didn't write his own lyrics? :confused:

9. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

I can't believe this poll...this is a huge disrespect to Tupac...about 90% of the rappers are killin Fitty on a microphone..look for Sheek Louch's After Taxes..I don't think you know what rappin' really is.. :eek:

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

It's not even worth talking about how much better 2Pac is than 50 Cent. Everyone already knows (obviously).

Personally, I like 50 when he is a guest on a track, but I just can't take a whole album of him. 50's been around a lot longer than when "In da Club" came out -- some of his earlier stuff is actually really good, but IMO "The Massacre" was pretty average at best, and "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" was okay. The way I see it, 50 Cent is an artist with some great songs, but 2Pac is an artist with great albums. If you want to hear 50 Cent at his finest, download "How to Rob", which is the best thing he's ever done by far.

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

tupac talked about SOMETHING in his music, yeah he made a handful of party songs during his career but he made music that has standed the test of time and is meaningful to the culture. 50 hasn't made anything meaningful since signing his deal with emimem and dre. you have to dig hard to find good material from 50. he's a complete sellout and phony.

and when it comes to acting, hands down tupac, but some jackass will say 50 is a better actor even though he really stretched himself for his role in this movie...he's playing HIMSELF!!!

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

omg i cant even believe this hasnt been locked up yet.

13. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Why do people think that...Kanye writes all his own stuff. Dude is one of the best out there now that Jay-Z and DMX are gone.

14. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I don't think he does either, just because it lists other folks as the writers in the liner notes.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well yeah, Kanye samples more than a fat chick on vacation in Sam's Club.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! Funny thread :D

This thread is a joke, right?...right? :confused:

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Tupac, Nas, Mos Def, Jay-Z, BTNH are my favorite all-timers.

18. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

seriously though, could never quite get into pac

maybe I like some of the mainstream ****, but stuff like chamillionaire is more listenable than pac

pac talks alot in some of his songs and I can't stand **** with no beats

edit: not a big 50 cent fan after album one though

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Who actually voted for 50 cent? What a joke.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I voted fiddy because Eminem has his back and Eminem is THE best rapper of ALL time!!!!oneone!!!