1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Browns @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, I disagree that everyone would be whining about that. The struggles of our WRs have been widely lamented here as well. We all know they're not the most talented group.

What we all need to recognize is that this is a crapfest that's receiving contributions from nearly every part of the team/front office (and the funny thing is, our only player playing worth a damn this year everyone wants to replace with the first pick). Would Carr be better behind an improved OL? Of course. Does that mean that he doesn't make his fair share of mistakes that aren't caused by the OL? Absolutely not.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm not worried about Green Bay having a worse record than us at the end of the year. They are too talented to have the record that they have. As a matter of fact I don't think I've ever seen a team with a 1-6 record that has scored more points then they have given up. 158 PF and 138 PA.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

They got rid of Palmer because his offense was too predictable?! I agree with the poster who said that the Texans have four plays. Wow, they run on first and second, throw on third, and kick on fourth. How creative is that? You don't need a defensive genius to stop them.

4. Major

Major Member

Did you see the "Run, Run, Sack, Punt" sign that a fan had at the game? That was great!

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

On top of that, I heard Carr mention weeks ago when Pendry first took over that the play selection would be simplified and that everything is based on execution. What the hell is that all about. We don't have the talent to execute it perfectly. This leaves a half-assed easy to read play.

The only coach I like is Marciano. The rest can go and take Charley with them.

6. Major

Major Member

How much of it is really the WRs? I heard the same thing about Vick and that explaining why he couldn't throw. Then one week, Vick is hurt and the backup starts and throws for 300 yards. I haven't seen enough of the Texans to know, but even a crappy receiving core gets open plenty in a game. It's not like the defenses we've been playing are stellar teams with 2 or 3 lockdown DBs. Look at Detroit - all of their star WR's are hurt and they are running a bunch of scrubs out there and can still get open.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They just look like they're running horrible routes and they miss a lot of catches. Corey Bradford may be the worst WR in the league. But, I think it's just a deadly combination of three areas of your offense that are bad in their own ways that has led to this debacle of a season.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I was also at the game and it seemed to me that the receivers couldn't get open. When Mathis got open deep on that one play Carr nailed him perfectly.

In the 6 games since the opener, Carr has thrown for 6 tds and 3 interceptions. Not too bad considering the offense can barely get to 10 points per contest.

By the way, Mathis is awesome. He had several very good returns.

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I believe in David Carr.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he was on the Astros and his last name started with a "B" I would bee-lieve in him.

11. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

D'Brick is overrated.

12. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Why? They drafted Aaron Rodgers - QB with the #1 pick last year.

13. Major

Major Member

Ha! I was going through the Barkley quotes site posted on the main forum, and found this great snippet:

Jay Leno - "You ever bet on something and just said: This is crazy?"

Barkley - "Sunday night Jay. I bet on the Houston Texans. I have no idea what I was feelin. I'm like, I call my guy I said, 'Houston's gotta win a game sooner or later don't they?' I'm thinkin ok they on national television. Every jock gets excited when they on national television. There's no way you gonna embarass yourself... I was wrong."

14. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

While many may be heartbroken (and in the back of my mind I was), the fact that our SOS is always so high leads me to believe that we are going to have to lose pretty much all but 1 of our games the rest of the season to get the top pick and be able to trade down and get more picks.

But losses like these help develop our young guys to play in pressure situations as well as give the team confidence. It also further supports the argument to Fire Capers and maybe Casserly.