1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern should get this picture!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketjf, Nov 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

My thought had been exactly, but eventually the download would be complete. I watched the video 3 times.

Mason, after he flipped Yao to the floor, not only punched Yao in the head, but also kicked him.

Codell, shall we expect you, as an *objective poster*, come back and acknowledge what you saw in the video?

2. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

3. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

the video quality sucks.
    I can't really tell wehter that's a slap or a punch but he definitely made a move.
    I also can't understand why Mason was so mad that he sitll went after Yao after shoulder bumping him to the floor.

4. micah1j

micah1j Member

Don't worry - JVG knows Stu Jackson -isn't he the head of dishing out punishment?

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Watch the video from the 1'12" mark again.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Did he say so?

7. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

wow, hitting a man when he's down, I wonder if this will go mainstream or if Stern will be more concerned about preventing the NBA's bad image from spreading?

Either way, he is incredibly stupid to punch the "national treasure" of China. I wouldn't be surprised if PLA snipers have been dispatched to New Orleans.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

at 1'15 mark. it's a clear hit. Nothing about the "hate", but I do think we should try to be "objective" after we review all the facts.

Yes, someone please send this to Stern.

#29 michecon, Nov 6, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

calm down, it's a joke.

11. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Look like Stu Jackson only need 1 or 2 days to make the decision, so I will wait until tuesday to see if I need to send the pictures to him.

12. thiagu88

thiagu88 Contributing Member

YUP its true its clear

13. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

There really only do that when a big fight breaks out. Otherwise they dont bother w/ that.

14. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

you guys really complain far too much about this kinda stuff. lighten up, it happens in basketball, nothing really happened. you guys are more pissed about this than yao is, and i think that's ridiculous. it reminds me of overprotective parents.

relax. it's basketball and sometimes stuff happens.

15. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

What's even funnier, is that they are in Oklahoma City, lol.

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

It's a hit, he was constrained by Juwan but he definitely went after Yao. he deifnitely needs some suspension.

17. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Yup. All I want is something "happens" to Mason soon, like what happened to Artest after that brawl. I am not saying in the same scale. But don't tell me as long as you don't hit fans, it's ok to hit other players!!! :rolleyes:

18. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Mason will get a suspension and the referees really messed up. I don't blame him at all for being upset at Yao falling on him. But the hostile act of getting up, flipping Yao's legs and swinging at Yao with his forearm should result in 1-2 games off.

19. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Wow, You mean hitting someone's head from behind when he is down is not a big deal? After all Yao was not hurt or dead, so nothing happened? I will be fine with that if it's a new NBA rule.

Mason should be kicked out of NBA for doing that, we will wait to see Stu's reaction.

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

True, it's in the heat of the moment, and that's ok. But when you do something like this, adequate punishment should result. I'm totally ok with Mason reacting the way he did, it's basket ball, emotions runs high. But he should get penalize for this action and that's what this post is about.