1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hope Yao learned a lesson...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Nov 5, 2005.

1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I can not agree more with the points. In certain situations, the team need a Rudman type player to win games. The current roster is just too soft.

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

He wouldn't have done it because Shaq is too heavy. :D

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I can not disagree with the points. Sign Rudman!

4. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

I heard that Rudman used to be an enforcer in hockey and won 3 boxing gold medals in the olympics. Sign Rudman!

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

yao will become mean one day. i used to be a really nice guy too until i got provoked too much. now im really mean all the time :(

6. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

No! Get Ridman of Rudman!

7. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

You're confusing Rudman with Radman. Get Ridman of Radman but sign Rudman.

8. Ollie

Ollie Member

If you're going to imitate LHutz, at least do it right.

It should be "Get Riddman of Ruddman!"

Huh?

Right!

You have to misspell it. ;)

9. kryten128

kryten128 Member

I don't buy the fight argument and I don't buy the tired argument either.

The offense in the 4th quarter really lacked any type of teamwork and creativity, and I believe that was the biggest problem. Yao would get the ball, get swarmed, and put up a mid-range turnaround jumper. Some of the jumpers were decent shots that didn't fall. But it was too predictable and as a result, too well-defended.

I would have liked to see Yao dishing the ball back out half of those times to try to find the open man, or to try to re-establish better position for a layup or dunk instead of settling for all those turnaround jumpers.

Our offense simply didn't click at all in the 4th. It's bound to happen sometime over a long season, especially when TMac is out. I do hope that they play team ball more and pass the ball around a little, which would help open things up for everyone.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Where is that rockHead picture when you need it?

(the Yao is a doughboy pic)

11. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

The only thing different between last years Yao and this years Yao is that makeshift beard he is sporting on the bottom of his chin.

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

That's absolutely amazing that you could tell what Yao was thinking!!! I'm thinking of a number between 1-100, can you guess it?

13. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Is anyone surprised? Yao sometimes plays like a vagina. He thinks he's showing good sportsmanship. The other players only see it as a weakness. Man up Nancy.

14. rvpals

rvpals Member

Did they even watch the game?

15. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

No more sportsmanship, Yao. This is NBA, his teammates really need to make him understand that, he should punch that Mason punk in the nose. The momentum really shift after the fight, Hornets was up, rockets was down, even their coach thought so. That's a shame.

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Well since obviously powers of perception aren't that great you might just look at the stats after 2 games: 21 pppg, 12rpg, 4bpg. Hardly the way he started last season and he does look a hell of a lot more active and aggressive.

17. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Yao was obviously try to avoid physical contact after the fight, settled for some long jump shots, that's very disappointing, I think that had some bad influence on his teammates and got us lose the game. Until he really understand the business in NBA and develop some mean attitude, no championships for Rockets.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yao ming was just out of gas. I mean PJ brown just blew by him. He needs to stop switching on the smaller guys all the time. He looked really tired in the 4th. He just probally will never have the stamina to play a whole quarter consistently.

19. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I just can't keep quiet anymore ... Yao did not try to avoid physical contact. He just did what every basketball player that is tired does ... attempt a shot that takes less energy. It is just like when the guards settle for the 3. Attempting a 3 takes less energy than taking it to the basket.

I am really getting sick and tired of some of you complaining about Yao's supposed lack of mean streak and making the excuse that the fight between Mason had anything to do with the loss. Yao did not back down from Mason, the referee's separated them from one another. As far as Yao's sportsmanship: Being the bigger person is NOT a sign of weakness.

These was the Rockets' REAL weaknesses: The Hornets had 7 more shot attempts than the Rockets, the Rockets fouled 7 more times than the Hornets, and the Rockets had 9 more turnovers than the Hornets.

Lastly, This is just one game. Sometimes good teams have bad shooting nights where they can't buy a basket. I have full faith that JVG and company will adjust to the loss of McGrady.

This loss was not Yao's fault. I for one am very proud of Yao ... He worked his butt off rebounding and hustling on defense when he was in the game. You can't say the same for some of his teammates.

20. MMBB

MMBB Contributing Member

I watched the whole game yesterday. I wonder if we are asking too much from Yao Ming. His stats shows that he did great both offensively and defensively (especially defensively), however, people are still calling him soft. I know TMac is a great offensive player, but do you think without Yao, he could score over 30, and get 14 rebounds and 7 blocks?! I mean, if you ask Tmac to dominate in both end of the game, you think he can do better than Yao? I don't think so. We are asking too much from Yao.