1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else thinks Wesley sucks?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by superden, Nov 5, 2005.

1. superden

superden Contributing Member

i was pretty happy with most of our players, but i think i just found the player that does not fit in our system anymore. he has been making HORRIBLE decisions. passing up open shots and shooting shots when guarded. when he does shoot the open shot, HE CANT MAKE IT. he seems so out of place right now. :mad:

2. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Head is a much better choice than Wesley, JVG is asking for trouble to keep Wesley in.

3. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

ًWow !! :eek: he just fired an ugly airball now !

4. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

I agree, Wesley has not made any open shots today. He even air balled a wide open three.

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

here here

6. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I think the reason JVG kept Wesley in the game is to not show him up. Obviously Luther will be getting serious playing time in the near future because Wesley is playing himself out of the rotation. But JVG will make the switch in such a way as to show Wesley respect.

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Stro and Wesley have both sucked the first 2 games.

8. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Damn why does JVG play this scrub, Bowen sucks on offense too but he does the little things that help you win. Wesley is playing like Moochie.

9. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Wesley has sucked, Stro has sucked, now McGrady is out for 3 weeks? Got a snickers? Its gonna be awhile!

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Damn this is disgracefull. how can the rockets even without Tracy play this bad?. i wish we had PJ Brown on our team. :mad:

11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Wesley had 4 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists in 30 minutes. Does it get worse than that?

12. today

today Contributing Member

Well it's pretty obvious that Wesley's shot is crap right now. I'm not saying that he can't regain it, but from what we've seen since he arrived in Houston, I don't know that it's going to happen.

On the play where Paul hit the floater to put them up 5, JVG had just subbed Wesley in for defensive purposes and his man makes one move and is right around him, causing Skip to have to drop and help out, thus leaving Paul open.

He's playing himself right onto the bench. He played 29 minutes tonight, I sure hope we cut that by at least 5-10 minutes. Give those minutes to Head and see what the young man can do. We at least know that he won't let his man penetrate right past him in crunch time.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I knew one of these threads was going to show up tonight.

I don't like Wesley, he's one of the only guys on this squad I wouldn't miss if he were traded. The other was MJ, but he's gone.

I didn't like Wes from the first day we got him, he doesn't seem to have his shooting touch anymore. But anyways, he has been decent at times.

14. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

is there any way we can get jimmy jackson and boki nachbar back :confused:

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wesley not hitting that WIDE open 3pt shot cost me my over 177 total points bet....

So, yes, right now, he really sucks.

:)

DD

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rox can't wait on him now that T-Mac is out. Wesley is probably untradeable at the moment.

As well as DA has been playing Rox will need to give up talent for Talent. James Jones has a better career 3pt % and can lock it down with his D. He's Ron Artest light without the craziness.

Give Head a chance until TMac is back.

17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Head makes one mistake, fresh off the bench, at the end of the 3rd and rides the pine the rest of the game (even though he was there in the 2nd when the rockets came back)

Wesley hasn't hit a shot since last year and is in at the cruch !?!

18. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

the problem is that with T-mac gorn for the next 3 weeks or so you HAVE to play Wesley because somebody other that Barry has to eat up some mins at the 2 spot. However, I would like to see Head play maybe 10 mins a game.

19. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

also I would like to see Bowen in there for a few more mins as well. In the pre-season it seemed like maybe his jumpshot had improved a little and he certainly adds a lot of energy to the team which is something they have lacked in both games.

20. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Head should start. Wesley has been a no-show since the playoffs. :mad: