1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All of you SAR fans are eating crow

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Panda

Panda Member

You missed the point. I'm not comparing Shareef's game to Garnett's game, I'm using Garnett as an example to illustrate the point that one man should not be solely responsible for a whole crappy team, crappy organization's failure.

And your picture is really cute. :)

I guess I'm supposed to post the picture of the stupid faced tin man as a comeback, but sorry I don't have time for such juvenile stuff.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude you have plenty of time to post at 12:22am!
    post pictures shows that you are creative.
    which, of course I am.

Shareef has been in the league for so long and he's been losing for so long. He's just not that good of a player. He gets his stats and thats it.
    He doesnt realize that he's not a franchise player. Juwan figured it out being on the Rockets.

3. Panda

Panda Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'll never understand why so many people defend this guy because he plays the "the right way". the guy has been on some absolutely horrid teams. he's a big man, he should have more of an impact on winning.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Has Elton Brand ever made the playoffs?

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. And the Bulls regret passing up Steve Francis.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

he will this year. SAR has an overrated PG.
    The Clips have:
    [​IMG]

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, you admit it's not all on that one player. Good to know.

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

OK Tinman that Panda trick was clever. Maybe you will grow on me after all. Just as bathroom humor has its place, so do you. I see a little better now.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

im just saying that bibby is overrated, just like SAR.

you cant play ball with 1 person, but one person in basketball makes a huge difference.
    it takes 5 people to play ball. but my argument is still valid:

ALL YOU SAR FANS ARE EATING CROW

1. SAR has been in the league for 10 years and EVERY TEAM he's on sucks and he doesnt make the team ANY BETTER.

2. you guys are just idiots if you think losing 400 games is just coincidence that he's on bad teams. he's not making the TEAM ANY BETTER, only WORSE.

3. you guys are infatuated with losers. I'd prefer to have winners on my team. that's why I was hesistant about Juwan (granted he played well down the stretch, but where was he in the playoffs? hanging with grant hill, fishing
    ). You bring winners to team then the team will win. Look at the Bulls,
    all of those dudes were from winning colleges.

CASSELL is a perfect example, he's a winner (he was hurt most of last season, that's why the Twolves sucked). Put a WINNER like CASSELL on the clippers and they WIN.

PUT a LOSER like SAR on a team (Vancuouver, Atlanta, Portland, Sacremento) and they lose.
    read that article I posted about how he hates losing but he knows thats his legacy....

And you guys wanted him to play for the Rockets and get $$$ for it?
    HELL NO.

Good Work on this CD! Thanks for Stromile.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

tinman, what do you think about Luther Head?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I'd like to see him play. I haven't seen any preseason games.
    He seemed like a clutch player in college.

I bet he plays against Dallas or any team with too many Jason Terry-ish guards.

13. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

After two games, you're completely convinced that the Kings are going to have a losing record this year? :)

You're right, Juwan Howard proved his loser-hood by disappearing in the playoffs last year. Oh wait...I think the life-threatening heart infection he had might've had something to do with it. :p

Cassell has had his share of losing my friend. He only made the playoffs once with New Jersey. With Milwaukee, he experienced 3-first round exits in a weak Eastern Conference while playing alongside an in-his-prime Ray Allen.

Don't get me wrong...I love Cassell, but coming off the bench of championship 94 & 95 Rockets teams and starting at PG for a stacked 2003 Twolves team doesn't make him a big "WINNER" in my book. It makes him a solid player who needs solid teammates as well.

I think most of the people who wanted Abdur-Rahim just thought he was a decent fit. Nobody is a SAR "fan" around here. Losing reputation aside, he's an above average rebounder and a good jump-shooter. Obviously he and Juwan Howard are redundant, but I'd imagine most fans were worried about our depth PF when Howard went down last season.

Out of the three free agent power forwards available to us during the offseason, he was as logical a choice as any. I can guarantee that nobody wanted to give him a huge contract either. Not a single "SAR fan" expected him to be the Rockets' savior.

#93 Kyrodis, Nov 3, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

yes. they got beat by oklahoma city. if juwan hits 4 shots last night, it would have been a blow out.

and??? what if he had SARs? (hehehe) he didnt play. that's the bottom line.
    once again, im proud Juwan fixed his game up to his abilities instead of thinking he's on the fab five with webber (another overrated player)

I watched all those Bucks games. they lost because of some dog named GLEN ROBINSON. Look at Cassell's playoff stats when he was heathly (not with New Jersey). Oh Cassell was the MVP when the Wolves made the playoffs, he won several games by himself. KG and Wally NEVER made it to the playoffs without Sam.

As much as I dog Juwan, we needed him to throw some of short arm jumpers at the hoop. He's better than Spoon.

Dude there was so many "LETS GET SAR" threads, you could have made an ugly Cosby Sweater with them.

15. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I reeeallly don't think that's true. ;)

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, let's be clear here. If it's a player you like, the reason he doesn't go to the playoffs is because of other players. If it's a player you hate, he's the only reason why his teams don't go to the playoffs.

VesceySux had it right.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Isn't it obvious why SAR is a cancer? Look at his name. He's Muslim!

OK, I've done enough to get this thread out of the Dish. :p

18. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

you mean to say he's a terrorist. :D

19. tinman

Supporting Member

The argument is crap. I hate Kobe, and I blame it on his crap team for not making the playoffs. but Kobe doesn't lose close to 500 games in his career.

I have requote this:

he's lost 493 games with different teams, Oh add 2 more this season.
    You dont think there's something wrong there? losing 70% of his games?

You know what this means?
    Fans in
    Vancouver
    Atlanta
    Portland
    Sacremento

didn't get big macs 70% of the time! this guy sucks!

20. tinman

Supporting Member

dude that doesnt mean crap. Hakeem didn't eat pork either, didn't stop Barkley from eating when he played with him.