1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets Newsletter] Old School Intro Music! This Season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasselas, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Well, I'm in the minority, so I'll concede, but you guys have awfully crappy taste in intros. :)

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I can hear the music with McGrady's entrance now..

"At Small Foward, six foot eight, out of Mount Zion Christian Academy... TRRRRRRRRRRRRRACCCCCCYYYY MAAAAAAAAAAAA-GRAYYYYYY-DEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!"

3. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

How noble of you good sir :)

All I know is the old intro used to make me feel unbelievably excited and pumped....about the game I was at, not the games of the past....you have to admit the intros since then have been subpar at best and the crowd never was really into it...

I will be there, skin crawling and all :cool:

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

At least they're not bringing back the drummer guys.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Last year was pretty cool with The Who, and Im always going to support a rock song to get me pumped up - especially a kick arse one from one of the great bands in rock history.

However, the old intro music back in the Hakeem and Clyde days does bring back old memories, and I dont have a problem with it whatsoever.

Just make it short and sweet like the old days. Intro's have gotten way out of hand over the years.....

Worst idea ever: the freaking face painted drummers were r****ded.... I felt like I was at an Indian tribal meeting rather than a basketball game. Just dumb.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't like the intro music. I rarely do. But this stuff from the 94/95 years just brings back really good memories. Like the return to red as the primary color, I like it.

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

[Sheepish] - Um, I hope I'm right about all this. lol. I don't want to be the cause of thousands of fans' disappointment.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

That music sucked AND these reasons are nostalgic. Sports should be nostalgic when honoring people, or on Documentary shows, not while trying to rev up for what should be a great season. Also, it's not like half the teams in the league weren't using that same crappy music back then.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't care for all the Cuban-esque circus act changes in the presentation of these games? It's like one of those toyota-thon commercials. Has anyone ever seen "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh"?

Oh well, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but in my opinion, all that jazz is just a distraction. It probably interests the casual fans more than the serious fans, I assume. Ok, so I didn't like "Clutch the Bear" when he came out, and now I like him ok because my kid likes him, so I can be wrong... but... for me.... all that extra crap just convolutes the contest and turns these folks into Dancing Bears.

Have I digressed enough yet?

9. RocketFan4ever

YEAH, HAS THERE BEEN A LEGIT SOURCE FOR THIS YET??? I AM LOOKING TOO FORWARD TO IT FOR IT NOT TO HAPPEN...I'LL START A RIOT IF THEY START TONIGHT WITH THE FREAKIN WHO???

10. Rasselas

The Rockets.com e-mail that I pasted into the OP. Also online here. (#10 in the top-ten list.)

11. RocketFan4ever

OOOO YAAA....COOL THX

12. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

im content with any intro music with the exception of those crappy drummers with that ridiculous face paint. :mad:

13. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Hell yeah, me, too, man. I always loved that song; I never wanted them to get rid of it. That will be sick if it is the same song. I'm gonna go listen to it now.

14. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

anybody from the game,

what did you think about the intro? i didn't make it to a preseason game this year (too busy watching Astros games) so i don't know if it was the same. i liked the intro. honestly, i can't remember what song was on but it wasn't the "you ready for this?" one.

but the visual on the big screens i thought were awesome. they would start a play by the old championship rockets and finish it with a similar clip of the current rockets. over and over again with hakeem hugging clyde to yao hugging tmac to dream's dream shake to yao's shake to guys diving on the floor for balls and blocking. i liked it. :) just wondering what other ppl thought of it.

15. Rasselas

So........

A report from the game? Anyone?

Did they actually play the old-school intro? Did the crowd like it? I combed the game thread but didn't see much.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't know what they did at the stadium but FSSW's TV intro was friggin' GREAT. Starts with black and white still of the team praying or something with JVG saying, "Look at the name on your jersey. Bring honor to that name. Prepare, practice and play like champions."

Cut to a montage of current and classic Rockets moments set to "O Fortuna," featuring MacYao, Barry, Rudy T, Hakeem, Kenny and Clyde doing their various things. Then DA comes on...
    DA: "Three..."

A rocket leaves a launch pad...

TMac: "Two..."

The team breaks huddle...

Yao: "One."

The league surrenders.

17. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

You will need to search far and wide to find a website more pathetic than this.

http://www.lemonenemy.com/bigbang/website/

18. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member