1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets Newsletter] Old School Intro Music! This Season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasselas, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I think it's going to be that song "you gotta know", not the Yall ready for this song.

I for one loved that intro song, I can't wait to hear it again.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

They both sucked.

It isn't just the genre of music. My loathing for dance music aside, I just don't see the reasoning for going backward. This team isn't THAT championship team. And it isn't like this is some classic song (for example, the Who). This is a song that is totally dated and is only played because of it's association with a team that existed 12 years ago. It would be like playing I Will Survive as the intro just because you won a title in 1978 and that was your intro then.

I guess I just don't see games the way many fans do. When I sat on the fan council, you'd think the only real concerns of people at games based on all the complains were how close the coffee cart was to their seats, how many t-shirts get thrown out and where they are thrown and how annoying modern music is when it is played during time outs.

I dunno. I could give a crap about entertainment in the arena. I don't lunge for cheap t-shirts or pay attention to the rap songs they play. I don't even notice the announcer that so many people seem to hate. I'm just there to see the game. The rest is just whatever.

3. stangend77

stangend77 Member

This seals it. This season is going to be amazing. I hate techno like almost everyone here, but come on don't you all remember what the stadium felt like when that song started blaring. Rockets fans.... ON YOUR FEET! I'll never forget how it felt when the intro started playing at game 6 of the finals versus the Knicks. Words don't do it justice.

As for everyone who likes last years intro, I agree its a great song, but it just did not get the crowd going. Techno sucks but for some reason it pumps us up. Now if we can just get the old anouncer back to really get things goin.

By the way this is my first post ever on here. I read the forums almost everyday but this is the first time I've been excited enough to post. haha go figure. Props to clutch for keeping this site amazing through the years and welcome to Clutch City 06.

4. stangend77

stangend77 Member

Well in my state of euphoria about the intro I somehow missed the fact I HAVE posted before. I'll be damned if I can remember how long ago that was. haha :D

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

First post ever? How soon we forget your posting torrent of Dec '02.

Edit: Bah. You got there first while I was searching your posts. Sneaky little lurker aren't you. :p

6. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Man i cant wait till the game now. I was already excited about going to the season opener but now iam just ECSTATIC !!! This is going to be a great season!! :D

7. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

Using the term literally, that old music was gay.
    I don't see what gay club anthems have to do with basketball games, therefore, I don't like it. When I was at the game and I heard it, it just felt out of place and very, very cheesy. Here I am at the Summit, looking at mega millionaire River Oaks businessmen goofily bopping along to some cheap Casio-keyboard laserbeams and it just feels wrong , man. Basketball players are the most gifted athletes in the world, duking it out on a worldwide stage, sweating and playing their asses off, bodies colliding and slamming into each other...I don't see how "gay" music is appropriate. Oh, wait.
    Naw really, we just need to pay some big beat dj to spend a couple hours and come up with something new, not Grade Z dorky club music.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sounds like you do care about the entertainment, since you've posted twice now about how much you hate that music.

9. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

That would be absolutely awesome if they brought back the old starting lineup intro's. even though it wont be the same without the great MARIO NANI. thats the greatest announcer in the history of the NBA

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

In this case, you are right. I was always thoroughly annoyed by this music and the old intro. Beyond that, I just don't care.

And, by the way, fans weren't pumped up because of the music in the intro. They were pumped up because the team was good. That was in the days where every game was a sellout and the crowd was used to winning. You could play You Light Up My Life and the crowd would go nuts if the team was contending every year.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The atmosphere in the TC totally sucks, like a cheesy pep rally sales seminar on steroids. Those 2 intro musics that we've used in the past is the ultimate proof, though the announcer telling us to get "louder" during the defense chant is another nice anemic display.

The Bulls come up with an instant classic using that Sirius intro and the dark stadium with the spotlight on the team and the crescendo building as the starting lineup is announced....we come up with this....some announcer basically begging Rox fans..."ALRIGHT HOUSTON......ON...YOUR....FEET! AND PREPARE FOR A ROCKETS LIFTOFF!!!" as some totally CRAPTASTIC cheesy dance music comes on...it's up there with that Aar-iii-kk-iii-kkk--ii techno song (I don't know the name), I'm Too Sexy, Loveshack, and any other cheesy song I've heard.

Mission control to Les, you're PR department has a problem....it sucks, thank you.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Somebody loves the Bulls.

#52 MR. MEOWGI, Nov 1, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  13. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Anyone have this old intro mp3 with the old school lineups being introduced?

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

AWESOME! Thanks for posting that! That's the music they need to use!
    It's similar to the "yall ready for this" music but not the same.

Man, I am ready for the "lift off" 5,4,3,2,1........!!!!!!

15. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

how about "bullet ride" from In Flames

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I really hope they don't bring back the old techno Rocket's intro from back in the day's of Hakeem. I thought it was fine back then, but this is a different team. They need to develop their own identity.

17. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

ehhh wrong...they played that intro well into the LATE 90s which, although those teams were good, those were not championship years....I used to rush to get to the games early so we could here the intors and get fired up....but once the drums started and then the freakin Who??? I could careless about getting to my seat before the intros...Id rather stay in line and get my beer....this is a good thing for the crowd...not the game, the crowd....

18. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

I can't understand how some people are complaining about bringing this back. The intros that followed were hideous with the drums and flames. It was almost as bad as all the lame promotions and stuff they do now. This was our best intro of all time from the best period of rockets basketball. It will pump up the crowd for sure.

19. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It's amazing - if I heard this for the first time today - I would think it was the most repetitive, boring awful piece of music every composed - house garage techno.

Instead it gives me goosebumps.

20. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I think it's awesome they are bringing it back!

and I hate techno...

You hear that song and you KNOW what time it is!