1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

provoctive video

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xenochimera, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

i saw this vid posted on another site, and a lot of posters posted something along the lines of "oh i rather see a human die than that dog smacked"....seriously, although this is wrong, but would you guys feel less uncomfortable if a human gets beaten than a dog??

http://www.exet.nu/html/download/video/dog_abuse.wmv

2. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really wish I hadn't seen that. I think that there is more of a reaction against seeing a dog getting beaten because the dog is innocent and helpless...at least when a human gets beat you have to believe that he can somehow help himself or he somehow brought it upon himself.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Xeno...you've started two threads since you got here, and I fail to see the logic or reasoning behind either of them. I'm beginning to think there isn't any.

4. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

If the human is from Japan I would actually enjoy it, especially if someone from China is beating them savagely.

5. Xenochimera

no i am serious, why are humans more inclined to feel sorrow for an animal rather than another human??

6. RocketMan Tex

Who says they do? Got proof?

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Because we're used to seeing humans suffer and die.

8. Xenochimera

:confused: theres no race involved here, and like i posted in the other thread i am over that friggin movie

9. Xenochimera

just the replies on other forums, like i rather see a kid getting mauled or i wouldnt mind seeing someone die but beating an animal is cruel ( which i agree but getting mauled isnt?)

10. RocketMan Tex

How is that proof that "humans are more inclined to feel sorrow for an animal"? :confused:

11. Xenochimera

gee i dont know perhaps they want to see other humans suffer but not animal?? maybe not sorrow but...sympathy at least.

12. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Punk kids, I would seriously like to beat the crap out of them with their skateboards and then let the dog chomp on their nuts. :mad:

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think the premis of your argument is flawed, Xenochimera. Sorrow or sympathy... I can't imagine anyone feeling more for the fate of an innocent animal than for the fate of an innocent human being. If they do, then there is something fundamentally wrong with them. I care deeply for animals. I have had a dog that I would have risked life and limb for, but as special as he was, and he was truly special, it wouldn't occur to me to place more value on what happened to him than on what happened to a person, unless that person was assaulting him without reason, and he was unable to defend himself... something that never arose. What you are talking about, from what I can tell, is not the same situation.

And I have no intention of watching the video.

Keep D&D Civil.

14. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

ponder this my little padwan....

why is it okay to watch wild animals have sex on tv, but socially frowned upon to watch humans have sex? and then its even worse to watch humans have sex with animals? If I have a video of each act, which is the best to show it to a group of middle-schoolers? and is there something wrong with me if I video record the children watching the videos? and is it worse if the animal nails the human or if the human nails the animal? and is consensual animal-human sex worse or better than non-consensual human-human sex? these are questions that keep me up late at night...

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

O rly? The giant Q always puts me right out...

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

post of the year.

17. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

it's all about parents not bringing up their kids up right... i always blame the parents... it's to bad you can't hit your child anymore(i'm not talking about excessive force)…but something to put them straight….

kids take advantage of not being liable…...kids today are so much worse than those in my day...and i ain't even that old(22)

if I was a parent of one of those kids pounding on that dog I would have given them the same beating and asked them how they felt about it :D

18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I agree. Parents today are raising out of control kids with no regard for anyone but themselves. It's the society we live in. I mean you can do anything wrong and someone else can be blamed. Like you said...no liability.

19. Xenochimera

i think these kids got jail time for it apparently, not exactly sure tho....

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Too bad we didn't see the faces of these future serial killers. Smacking an old, arthritic dog who is probably blind... and that is worthy of a chuckle?! :confused: