1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nachbar - getting his grove on...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Oct 28, 2005.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

you are not going to give up on him are you? :D

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'd love to see the guy round into an everyday quality player.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2.9 Fouls per game.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trying to sucker Sam in for a bet on a 10ppg average for the year.

DD

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

max contract....NOW

7. aries323

aries323 Member

yeah now with Desmond Mason on board, he could be seeing a lot less PT. although I do wish him the best of luck.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He'll still have a hard time knocking Dan Langhi off the All NBA First Team.

9. Panda

Panda Member

Boki was a fluke and DaDakota was just lucky. It's time for Uncle Sam to shine again. :D

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Mason will get some good numbers. It might be time for Nachbar to round out his game if he wants pt.

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

How does one put on a "grove"? And, does it help Boki's game? ;)

12. munco

munco Member

ha ha. i remember that. great entertainment last year!

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Boki's a dendrophiliac?

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I noticed that Sam changed his signature. What were the terms of that bet?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Forget the stats, but more than anything from watching Nachbar play, he is playing with alot more confidence. He isnt shooting hoping the shot will go it, he is shooting knowing it will. He just looks a heck of a lot more comfortable out there. And the only way to get that way is to just PLAY. Get playing time. The bottom line is the Rockets just couldnt provide that playing time for Nachbar. The trade to the Hornets was the BEST thing that could have happened to Nachbar. Since they stunk, they could live with his mistakes as he grew as a player. The Rockets couldnt. They couldn't wait around. Crap teams have all the time in the world.

As a comparrison, Luther Head in this preason still makes some mistakes as rookies tend to do, but he has shown me more in the preseason with his clutch play to tell me that he will be a factor for this team much quicker than Nachbar would have. The Rockets arent going to have to "wait around" for Head. I think Luther's experience playing big time college basketball and NCAA tournament experience has helped forge his game mentality. It's not as much of a shock as it was for Nachbar coming out of European play.

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I'll take you up on pont differential. Scoring 10 doesn't mean much if the man you're defending blows by you and scores 20 per. We had Jimmy Jackson who was much better than Nachbar, but the only player they could defend was each other. That's why we got DWes, because beside giving you 10PPG, he gives you excelllent defense and he's very physical like a bulldog.

I say Nachabar is outscored by at least 8PPG. WHo wants to take the under?

17. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

for the year? ... How do you manage to keep track of that? And how does that work if he had to shift to guard, let's say, a SG on certain plays? Will that take into effect as well? Or just the opposing SF, and only when he's on the court.

18. New Jack

New Jack Member

According to 82games, Nachbar has did pretty well for himself last season when matched up against small forwards. His PER is 12.5. His opponent PER is 11.0. He has an eFG% of about 50% and his opponents have an eFG% of about 39%.

His numbers against power forwards are not so good, which should be expected, since he's not a power forward.

http://www.82games.com/04NOH14C.HTM

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Boki's OTHER stats, which tell a bigger story:

RPG: 2.0
    APG: 1.25
    SPG: 0.5

I always figured Boki might become a decent enough scorer, with enough minutes on the right team. I never thought of him as a good all-around player, and still don't. He's definitely too 1-dimensional for a JVG team.

I love the way JVG has successfully dumped all the players who didn't completely buy into his system -- he and CD managed to somehow bring in better-quality talent in the process.

20. rednene

rednene Member

by the way, how's the other Nachbar doing? the one at UH?