1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[roll call] Who is attending Game 4???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Gummi Clutch, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

What time do the doors open?

I feel like I am going to a funeral.
    Hopefully I liven up when I get to the park.
    Come on Stros, lets make history!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The only reason no team has ever comeback from an 0-3 deficit in the World Series is because the Astros have never been in the World Series.

Beelieve.

3. Gummi Clutch

actually i think 1 of 22 teams has come back from 0-3???

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not in the World Series...I'm pretty sure Boston last year was the first team to ever overcome an 0-3 deficit at any point in the playoffs.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I meant to post this earlier. For those of you planning on going to the game tonight. I highly recommend getting there early. The $10 lots are now $50. and the lines were huge for the gift stands. The line to get into the shed stretched almost to the store behind homeplate. It was crazy. They had a wide assortment of shirts for $30, and some pretty cool pins and a nice magnet. The cokes came in a nicer than normal plastic commemorative cup($5) and the beers came in a very nice plastic mug ($10). Programs were $15 and some stands had sold out when we got there, but they were actually waiting on a delivery of boxes, so they weren't really sold out. The gift stands had programs so if you are gettign in line for a shirt you can get a program then too. The gates should open at 4:00. We got there at 5:00 and after getting everything done that we needed to do, we got to our seat at about 6:45.

6. Gummi Clutch

Yea I heard the lines were ridiculous, thats why I was asking.
    My brother in law said he parked for $20 and had to walk a good ways.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Take the light rail and your transportation cost to and from the game is $4, plus the gas you use to get to the light rail station.

8. Sattle

Sattle Contributing Member

Can you recommend somewhere to park and pickup the light rail?

9. RocketMan Tex

If you are coming from south of Houston, drive towards Astroworld on 610 East, exit Fannin, make a right and take it to the next intersection, West Bellfort. On your left you will see the parking lot and the station.

If you are coming from north of Houston, I can't help you that much, since I've never done it. I hear there is parking near the station at that end of the line (UH-Downtown), and Main/Preston is only one stop down from there.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've always tried parking at or close to Leon's Lounge at McGowan. Grab a cocktail or two, play a game of shuffleboard, then hop on the train down to Preston. There you would take your ticket stub in to the best sports bar in town, Live Sports Cafe.

11. RocketMan Tex

There's a good call!!!! Me likey de Leon's!!!

12. toby

toby Member

went last night, if you can get a friend to drop you off and pick you up near george r brown. super simple and not much traffic.

4 wins away!