1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video torrent] Rockets - Sonics (360M RM format)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iOrange, Oct 17, 2005.

1. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

plz guys, it's not about competition at all. I made these video torrents mainly for fans in China and thought it won't hurt to share them at CF.net. always respect R2K, come on... I made couple of videos and R2K has made couple of tons for us ..

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I hope the people who dissed you were just joking.

It is stupid to make it out like there is a competition between you guys.

By the way, you are right. R2K rocks.

#22 RocketForever, Oct 18, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

There is really no need to start any kind of comparison.

4. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

So what is the source for these files? Is it also Ch51/FSSW or is it a Chinese broadcast?

5. yamingx

yamingx Member

There are over 2K downloader for rm bt file now, but less than 100 for Avi bt file. I select rm to download because of the hardware limitation of my notebook.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

not surprising...they are aimed at two different audiences.

I havent downloaded this one...but I suspect it is with chinese language commentors...and therefor the overseas community gets it so they can understand what is being said.

I agree, this should not be a competition...I know how much work goes into doing stuff like this, and anyone that puts the effort in to providing video for those that otherwise may not be able to see it should be commended..not criticized.

As far as I am concerned, if the only downloaders the english version got were the original guys I started doing this for...I would be fine with that...I'm honestly not in this for the glory or money...I do this as a service to my fellow fans so they can watch what I get to see for free....besides, the more posters here who actually watch the game, the more intelligent the commentary in this forum is...so we all win.

7. harumph

harumph Member

funny how the 2 torrent originators have nothing but praise for each other yet other posters dont.

the 2 different threads/torrents cater to different audiences - as i expand the image quite a bit, it looses clarity, so commentry is important. I want english commentry so I wait for R2Ks great work.

but great work by both of you.

8. yamingx

yamingx Member

In fact, the rm file is also English commentors. I think your original source may be same. Rockets2K, your efforts should be appreciated by every rocket fan. If you can provide rm version of these games it it will be more helpful for the peoples with only 4M video card like me. I don't think there is a big difference between rm and avi for a TV video. Anyway, I like your service :D

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there is a difference....all the benchmarks from the video community will tell you the same.

xvid is superior in quality to rm...

there is also the matter of video size...the xvid ones are encoded at a resolution of 488x366...rm ones are normally smaller...hence the smaller file size.

the amount of video memory in your video card should not play a part in deciding what format of videos you can watch.

10. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

I really think both u guys are doing a great great job..... but is it possible to even be nicer to post it onto http download? I know this is too much to ask.... but I have no access to a computer with internet where I could install bittorrent program to download it off bittorrent.....

ignore me if it can't be done ;)

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I doubt either of us could afford the bandwidth it would take to do that...sorry.

take the figures for the most downloaded game so far this year...the Magic preseason game.(9582 downloads)

(following numbers approximated)
    9582 complete downloads X 695M = 6,659,490M = 6503 Gigabytes = 6.35 Terabytes

now...thats A LOT of data. :eek:

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Glyyde, sucker your IT department to install the Opera browser on your computers. It has a built in bittorrent client. Although I don't think they'll like the upload you'll be providing...but that's beside the point. ;)

13. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

haahaa... I know its gonna kill the bandwidth and all.... was just thinking of those free service like yousendit.com or something.... maybe for the realmedia format since its smaller?

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Try www.utorrent.com

It's a torrent program, but doesn't require installing. It's a straight executable. And it's tiny, and uses very little resources.