1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Awesome Stro Swift Vid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by caffreys_irish_ale, Oct 20, 2005.

1. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

2. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Wow! Simply wow! Can't wait to start. Thanks.

3. lovethisgametoo

Very very very impressive....now we talk about A Stoudmare in Houston!!!

4. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

:eek: :eek: SWEET thanks!!

5. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Apparently TMac_Yao_Dynasty created that video. I'm sure you know him if you visit the ESPN boards at all.

This is going to be an awesome year for the Rockets!!!

6. aries323

aries323 Member

man, he can do a lot of things to compliment Yao and Juwon`s game. We have one of the best, if not the best front court with

Yao / Deke
    Juwon / Stromile

7. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I would have a very hard time coming up with a better frontcourt combo than the one we have. :)

8. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

DAMN... this kids got MAD ups... omg... anyway is there a way i can possibly download the file? thanks guys.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

10. munco

munco Member

oh man. that would be a great highlight reel for an entire season for many players. i can't believe that was all from a few preseason games. whoa!

11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Why doesn't Swift do that gesture of his anymore? I get a kick out of it.

12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Man I hope he starts right away, it would be a shame for that kind of abililty to go to waste on the bench until he "learns the system." A part of me has already fallen in love with his game, as it's literally almost too good to be true that we have that kind of athletecism at the 4, MLE contract, famine to feast after last year, you know? But, another small part of me wonders why a team like Memphis let this freak (their franchise draft pick at one point) basically walk into certain free agency, to a division rival nonetheless? Underachiever, perhaps...a monster and incalculable upgrade at the position, most definately!!!

13. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

That video made my week. Thanks so much for posting it. Wow.

14. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Don't hyperventilate. Learning the system is more important than you think as is earning playing time. The spectacular looks great but steady and sure wins games. If he doesn't start right away, he will still get major minutes and finishing games is more important than starting. Late game playing time will be the true marker on how much confidence JVG has in Stromile and Luther.

Memphis let him go because he turned down over $8MM/year last summer and didn't perform that well last season during his contract year. His heart was questioned by his teammates because he was so injury prone. Whether he is a "monster and incalculable upgrade" at the position remains to be seen. He has wowed people for years with the athletic stuff but hasn't brought the day to day consistent effort needed to get major minutes. I blame Stromile more than the Grizzlies.

Hopefully playing with T-Mac and for JVG will bring out the beast in him more consistently. If so, we've got a fun ride ahead. I can't wait for his first throw down on Jirk.

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Good points, I'm assuming you're on the fence (wait and see, skeptical) with me then about all this? I just really don't want to be! "Jirk" thought Ryan Bowen guarding him was tough!!! The hyperventilation comes from the fact I think we're going to the Finals this year... ;) vs. Miami of course...