1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the Matt Bullard/Bill Worrell combo is boring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kountzer, Oct 12, 2005.

1. kountzer

kountzer Member

Excuse me for being stupid, but, uh, what exactly is a peak, as in his widow's peak? I'm guessing it has to do with funerals, etc. If you don't know, you just don't know.

~ Kountzer ~

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His hairline was M shaped. I just thought Murphy was a big Speed Racer fan.

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

You know, the whole thing started to go downhill after they got rid of Lisa Malosky . . .

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

as much as i hate to see her bushy eyebrows.. i rather have her back to do the pre/post game shows.. we need her back

5. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Lisa M. was on Ch.2 doing post-game interviews with the Astros. Nice.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Man I don't understand how TNT scored and got both Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley. They were both Rockets and I wish the Rockets organization could get those two to announce the games. Heck I am at the point where I'd love Walton to announce the games with Worrell. These guys all suck. I mean I may not be a fan of anyone of these guys announcing but at least Calvin didn't put me to sleep. These guys are putting me to sleep. someone give Clyde some humor. Maybe someone should throw an extra strength red bull in his cup so he'll turn into some crazy hyper active freak. We need energy... these two aren't providing any. We should look for players that used to be on the all interview team. They would be fun to see announce the games. Heck what is Vernon Maxwell doing now? Kevin willis was kinda a goof ball too what is he doing?

7. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Most of you sound to me like a lot of spoiled fans. When you have watched the Rockets by the means of league pass for years and had to bear the announcers of the other team and their one sided views, any one that is on a Rocket station is good news to those of us that fall in this group.

8. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Drexler sounds like he just repeats what Worrell says.

Bullard is way better and original.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I couldn't get over how wired Bullard was last night. I knew he sounded amped for some reason, and then when he brought up that Bill Worrell drank his first energy drink before the game it dawned on me, Matt was as wired as a school bus driver.

After that comment, I could barely listen the rest of the game because he sounded so figgity.

I will say, that the product on the court is so good that I could listen to Cynthia Cooper broadcast a game and be happy.

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Elie is with the Spurs right now as an assistant coach? I'm not sure, maybe someone can verify.

I love Hakeem and all, but strictly as a ballplayer. I can NOT imagine hearing his accent as a TV analyst.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Can you imagine Drexler drinking a couple Red Bulls and then slobbering all over himself as he st...st..st...st...stutters to get his words out.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Designing clothes.

13. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Funny Bill Worrellisms from last nights game:

Referring to Skip to my lou's ability to bring the ball up the court: "Alston can really get it up fast!"

Referring to Ryan Bowen's ability to always be near the ball: "Ryan gets his hands on a lot of balls!"

Bill always seems to say a few of these per game. I chug a beer when it happens.

...Bullard was laughing so hard at one Worrellism from the San Antonio game, regarding Head, that Bill snapped to it 5 seconds later and laughed at himself.

This is the only entertainment value Bill & Bull bring to the table.

14. JLB

JLB Member

Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...Bring back Calvin...NoW!!!!

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Screw it. Let's bring in Mad Max. Now THAT would be interesting.

16. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I agree...I didnt think she was that bad, and I thought she had nice chemistry with Bill and Calvin...

Clyde wasnt that bad at all, IMO...I was expecting a lot worse...but for his first broadcast, he did well and I expect him to get better and get more comfortable in this new role...he states obvious things (i.e. "Tmac is such a great player", "Barry is a good shooter") but atleast he avoides cliches and trying to sound corny and gimmicky...

Bullard is just BORING. I was expecting a lot more from him, and I hate how Bill always tries to reflect back on Bull's playing days (i.e." Oh, you woulda hit that shot, Bull", or "(insert player's name) goes to the rim, just like you did in your Air Bullard days, Matt!")...Matt was a 3-point gunner, nothing more...no need to try to make him out to be some sort of Rockets legend...I can understand reflecting with Clyde, but Bullard? C'mon, Bill...

Anyways, the broadcasts are alright and I'm sure we'll only see progress as the season wears on...

17. sackonhead

sackonhead Contributing Member

Man...you'll be fast asleep on the west coast games with these guys talking.

VAN wasn't bad at all and he started to grow on me. The guy can be one funny b*stard and insightful as well.

Of course we'd like Calvin in there, but Van is better than Bull and Clyde.

:eek:

18. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Hey, I spotted Bull and Bill at the Black Eyed Pea after thge game in Laredo. Bull had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with a nice tall glass-o-milk.

Bill had the chicken fried chicken with a nice tall glass-o-jack&coke.

19. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

What can we do to bring back Murphy???

I e-mailed the Rockets last year but I never heard back from them.