1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Game 1 vs. Rockets/Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apostolic3, Oct 12, 2005.

?

Which game will you follow MORE closely?

1. Astros vs. Cardinals

242 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Rockets vs. Magic

154 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I will be at the game

2. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Same here. Unless they put the Astros on the jumbotron I won't see a second live...

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'll probably flip back and forth, watching the Stros mainly when they're up to bat.

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Tough choice! I'm SO much more of a basketball fan that a preseason game is actually on the same level (at least this year, this squad) with a championship baseball game.

But, I'll be doing the split-screen thing (LOVE my split screen TV) with both on, toggling sound back and forth. My wife might steal the remote and keep sound on the baseball game though.

I don't think I can actually answer the poll. :D

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

you guys are a bit sad.... last season, I agree that watching the Rockets was the better call (I made the same call) - that Astros team had a train wreck for a pitching staff (how Pete Munro gets TWO starts in the NLCS is beyond my comprehension).

but this team is like the old Astro's of the 80's - all pitching, role players and a couple of guys with POP.... and they are exercising the demons of '86

you gotta watch that game over the Rockets (esp, when the Rox were on last night !)

remember, November will be here soon !

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ditto. I'll be watching the Rockets (I love them that much) and checking the Astro's score every timeout. At least until JVG takes out the starters, then I'll go to the Astros full time.

I want to see Swift!!!

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I had a last minute offer for Rockets tix tonight, but I had already made Astros plans. The "Last" button on my remote will get a workout tonight.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Rockets, no doubt.

9. Toast

Toast Member

That's funny. I thought about starting this exact same poll, but I was gonna put it in the texans, astros, etc. forum.

Unfortunately, I can't watch either tonight. But I'm sure whenever I have an opportunity, I'll turn on the AM radio to find out the scores for both games.

But I answered Astros. As much as I live & die by the Rockets, it's hard to ignore the draw of the NLCS.

10. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Rockets FOR SURE!!

11. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

I have 2 TV's. Rockets get the big one b\c I love Basketball and the Rox. Baseball is good when there are no other sports. On the other hand I was glued on Sunday after not being able to watch the atrocities the Texans call football.

12. droxford

droxford Member

... and how many times did those Astros teams of the 80's make it to the world series?

Astros won't get past the Cardinals.

13. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Drox, has some faith!!!! :D

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What is baseball?

GO ROCKETS!!!!

15. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised because this is the Rockets board.

But Christ, guys.....

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I love my Rox....but c'mon....Pre-Season vs the LCS.

17. djones

djones Member

I'll watch both, but Tivo the Rockets to watch without distractions tomorrow.
    Go Stros!
    Rockets Rule!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't watch the Rocket game here. But if I could, that would be an easy choice for me. Baseball games don't need constant attention. You just need to know what score, what inning, how many outs, who's on base and who's at bat. So I'd just flip to the baseball game once in a while during timeouts, free throws, etc.

19. declan32001

declan32001 Member

The Rockets are my favorite team period, and basball does bore me until the playoffs, but I don't think you can compare the drama of an NBA preseason game with the NLCS.

I'll still see the entire Rox game, but the only time a preseason game holds any drama for me is if the dreaded "I" word pops up. And even if it should I don't need to see that live. Still, go Stros and Stro!

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm going to the Rockets game. If the Rockets weren't playing, I'd watch the Stros, but I'll watch the Rockets play a preseason game before I'd watch the Stros in the World Series. That's how much more dedicated I am to the Rockets!