1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carr for Volek? Volek for Carr?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Oct 9, 2005.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I know this board is littered with Texan fans and has a sprinkling of Titan fans, too?

I've barely even seen David Carr play; most of the highlights I see are his astounding sack totals.

Would Texan fans want to trade Carr for Volek and would Titan fans want to trade Volek for Carr? Of course, there may need to be some throw-ins to balance it out, but leave these two as the principals of the deal. Whacha think?

Should Houston give up on Carr? Should Tennessee get maximum value for Volek?

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Titans wouldn't be able to afford both McNair and Carr.

3. Summer Song Giver

Billy Volek=Cody Carlson

4. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Right now I would trade Carr for a bag of potato chips...on second thought I don't think we can get that either. :D

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

volek will be 30 in a few months and wont make the texans any better than they already are.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Volek is better than Carr, why would they do it? Volek is worth a #1 (offered by the Jets as proof) while Carr may not even be worth a 2nd rounder. Volek has more everything than Carr. But not only that, Volek has the best passer rating ever for a qb in his first 7 starts. Carr was even his backup in college.

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The Texans can keep their overpriced Carr!!! :p

I am glad the Titans have Volek. It is always a nice problem to have to much of a good thing when it comes to QB. Depending on what McNair does this offeseason (restructure his contract or decides to retire) will determine what the Titans do with Volek. I see them trading him this offseason for a high second round pick.

Volek has Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and together they will work out a deal with another team looking for a starting QB (I could see Miami Dolphins very interested in Volek as their offensive coordinator loves to throw the deep ball which is Voleks speciality).

Glad the Titans spanked the Texans today (as they should have)!!! Titans win and the Astros win!!! What a great day!!!

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WTF? Don't put these two teams together in a sentence. EVER.
    The Astros have NOTHING to do with the Titans. And... damn, isn't that IronIc... I just did it.

What, are you going to cheer for Costa Rica now, too?

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

David Carr = Tim Couch, Jeff George, Brian Griese, Doug Johnson

Get SOMEONE NEW IN!! .... I hope we lose the rest of our games and get beat by Arizona & SF to MAKE A POINT!

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't keep up with the Texans because they suck so bad. However, I do hope they lose the remainder of their games so they can draft Lienhart and move Carr to place holder :D

11. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I'm still on the fence with Carr.

It's hard to judge anyone that gets sacked on over 25% of their passing attempts. That's not even counting the amount of times he's hurried. Peyton Manning couldn't play behind this thing we call an O-Line.

12. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

i dont like carr all that much but u cant throw when u are running for your life every single down.....Casserly overpaid too much this tissue paper O Line....freaking pathetic.....The damn O Line cant even block on the last play of the Cincy game.....Season is over, just lose every single game from now on and get the number 1 draft pick and draft someone spectacular or trade down for numerous high draft pick to fix the Crap we call a O-Line.....No sense to win a game or 2 cuz we still sux.....

Go Astros and fry those dead birds