1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saw the weirdest thing in CVS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by reggietodd, Oct 2, 2005.

1. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Look at his username, hes just defending them because hes of similar race to the women in question. It wasn't a race thing for me, If I had seen 9 white women doing the same thing i'd started the same thread and would have been like wtf? were they doing.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

your the dumbass because you got scared of women buying milk, their gunna really blow up some buildings with that milk...

Walgreens is also a pharmacy, 3 chinese ladies buying laundry detergent that was on sale seems pretty similar to this situation.

If milk is on sale, im sure one of the ladies called up their frenz and they all decided to get all the milk, why not? esp if they have young kids 2-3 gallons are easily finished within a couple of days.

Damn, some people are just paranoid...

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I highly doubt you would have posted it had 9 white women bought milk. well atleast you would have no reason to mention the race, or try to decipher the religion, and moreso you wouldnt think terrorist attack...

geez, next time you go to walmart and see a people buying tons of anything on sale, be sure to post it.

:rolleyes:

4. reggietodd

Go read my original post. Did I sound paranoid? I think the first thing I asked was "was it for ramadan?". You sure are defensive.

5. reggietodd

It was a PHARMACY, not walmart are you really being this dumb about it?

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

cvs is a store, they ussally have the cheapest dairy products, i gave you a reason that it coulda been a sale, when i was attacked and called a dumbass, i just defended myself....

anyways, im out

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

You are being a real jerk right about now.

Geez.

8. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Perhaps, but ...

I'm sorry, but that would really piss me off.

9. Tyree

Tyree Member

They probably were terrorists....USA USA USA

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It's easy to not understand stereotyping and subtle racism when you are in the majority.

11. codell

Was there not an article on CNN (or maybe it was MSNBC or FOX) a day or so go about warning that dairy plants being possible terrorist targets (im assuming im not the only one who saw this)?

If so, then him wandering if thats why they were stalking up on milk (in relation to Ramadan, as has been already explained) is a legitimate question, no?

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Can you post the link(s) to that news? If it was only a couple of days old, I suppose it shouldn't be difficult for you to find it.

#32 wnes, Oct 2, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  13. codell

Don't remember specifically where I read it. If you really want to read it though, I suppose it wouldn't be difficult for you to find it either.

14. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Adeel is sounding awfully guilty, making up all sorts of excuses. It's Gitmo for you. Don't worry, they have DirecTV and NBA league pass. As for the milk, I sometimes find CVS' price cheaper than HEB or the other chains.

15. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I tried, but to no avail. That's why I asked you to help me (us) out. Something of this nature is no small news. So, please provide the link(s). It's only a couple of days old, isn't it?

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

While I don't think reggie should get attacked, his suggestion of a possible terrorist attack is dumb.

9 Muslim women stocking up = possible terrorism

9 White women stocking up = hurricane preparation

So when 9 White men buy fertilizer, they must work for a landscaping company. Oops. Double standard.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Ok here's your article you lazy sob's :cool:

On a side note, who the hell still drinks milk. Its about soy milk. Or better yet take a calcium pill with water like I do.

Havent the terrorists already struck Europe's cattle and Asia's poultry supply

:rolleyes:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-milk29.html

Report on milk terrorism to be published

June 29, 2005

BY RANDOLPH E. SCHMID Advertisement

WASHINGTON -- A scientific article that says terrorists could poison thousands of people through the milk supply -- withheld at first at the government's request -- is being published despite continuing objections after the National Academy of Sciences concluded it wouldn't help attackers.

The study by Lawrence M. Wein and Yifan Liu of Stanford University discusses such questions as how terrorists could release botulinum toxin into the U.S. milk supply and what effective amounts might be.

Bruce Alberts, president of the Academy, said in an accompanying editorial that a terrorist would not learn anything useful from the article about the minimum amount of toxin to use. ''And we can detect no other information in this article important for a terrorist that is not already immediately available to anyone who has access to information from the World Wide Web.''

In fact, he said publication of the article by the Academy could instead be valuable for biodefense.

Science has a long tradition of publishing new information in peer-reviewed journals, providing an opportunity for other researchers to confirm findings and advance to a next step.

However, following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, some government officials have raised concerns that by obtaining biotechnology data terrorists might be able to engineer deadlier versions of diseases.

The paper and editorial were published Tuesday on the Academy Internet site and will appear in the July 12 print edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The paper was originally planned for publication on May 30, but was withheld at the request of Stewart Simonson, assistant secretary of Health and Human Services, who contended the paper was a ''road map for terrorists.''

AP

18. codell

Sorry you had no luck finding it.

If you are interested in reading the article, because you are interested in it for your own personal information (which you aren't), then I suggest you continue your search. If you are interested in reading the article ONLY because you think that I did not see and read what I said I saw and read (which you cearly do, despite how coy you think you are), then I am sorry I can't help. I don't feel the need to waste the rest of my Sunday, back tracking through the hundreds of articles and websites I have browsed over the last few days, to prove my honesty to a complete stranger.

Good luck.

:)

19. codell

Thanks anyway Mr. Brightside.

Not the exact article I read, but had the same theory. In fact, those Stanford names somewhat ring a bell.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I am aware of that news. It was three-month old, for crying out loud. Besides, it was just a research paper published in the journal Science based on some imaginary scenario. No bearing whatsoever on the claim: