1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Brewers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2005.

1. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

That is a scary stat.

Big 3 going up against the Brew Crew ... and we lose 2 of 3. Ugly.

At least the rest of the Wild Card contenders are stumbling at the same time. I guess I was asking too much to have us run away with the thing ...

2. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

Man, is this guy crazy or what?????? :confused: It's a joke how this guy one day talk craps and the next day u see him doing diferents things.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

phil garner talks crap??? really???

4. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

If it's not crap, then i dont understand why biggio wasn't playing today.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

A scheduled day off for a day game after a night game.

When Biggio starts making errors at 2B like he did last night, a lot of times its because he's starting to wear down.

I have no problem with Biggio getting the day off... I have a problem with Oswalt giving up 4 runs. That's not good enough to win even if you have your "a" lineup in there.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

maybe i'm misunderstanding you...what do you mean by, "talk crap." when i think of "talk crap" i think of bragging...talking trash...that kind of thing. is that what you mean??

biggio has been taking sundays off pretty regularly.

7. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

I know, but with Ensberg out and the team fighting the wild card with several teams and less than a month left, I don't know if it's the best situation to put Vizcaino and Burke in the top of the lineup just because Biggio regularly take s the sundays off. mmm When i said about the garner's crap i was refering to the fact that he one day says one thing to reporters and the next day he's doing another in the game.

8. Major

Major Member

Biggio has been beyond terrible on the road all season long. He needs rest or he'll get even worse.

Besides which, Burke and Viz had 2 of our 7 hits, scored both of our runs, and had half our RBIs. They weren't the problem.

What does the quote you posted have to do with Biggio playing? We're going to be playing those teams the rest of the season - Biggio is not going to play everyday. It's better that he takes a day off on the road, rather than being exhausted for the Florida series starting tomorrow.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wow, Oswalt had 2 hits and we lost! :eek: :(

Glad I missed this game. It was a BAD day for Houston Sports.

10. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

Vizcaino and Burke: 0-2 combined with bases loaded and 1 out in the 4th. Final score: Astros 2 Brewer 4 Uh??

11. Major

Major Member

Biggio: 0-7 on the season with the bases loaded. 0.232 for the season on the road. Uh??

12. msn

msn Member

13. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Remeber when I was saying we should get Cruz Jr. Well he is hitting .314 with the Dodgers with .400 OBP and 4 Hr's.

14. Howyalikemenow

Biggio and Ensberg were both hurt. Supposedly Biggio hurt his hand the game before. I read it in the Chronicle. And, you can see Luke Scott noticeably limping around the plate... he hurt himself when he hit the wall.

Bad timing...