1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basketball Hobby Cards

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by abrocketsfan, Aug 12, 2005.

1. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Does anyone here collect basketball cards? I'd like to see if we can introduce more trading of basketball cards, specifically Rockets cards, over here.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Collected when I was a kid.

Still have about 400 different Dream cards.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I collected cards, but I only got 50 diferent cards of hakeem, and like 100 more of the rockets,

4. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

I have a lot of '90's cards. If interested in something, let me know

5. MykTek

MykTek Member

i have alot of cards, but need to re-sort them out, it's been awhile... I do have a few yao Ming rookies... =)

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I also have quite a few. Started collecting again when Yao hit the scene (have a few of his rookies, as well as that auto/jersey SPX rookie), but I'm out again. If anyone's interested, hit me up...although now that TMac/Yao/Swift are here and talks of championship are lighting up, I may have to start collecting yet again...

7. abrocketsfan

yeah i collected in '94,'95 then stopped....this year i got back into it... the collectibles forum is very different IMO now...

fleer is bankrupt so it's really Topps Finest and Upper Deck, and the jersey/autographed cards are the only things people are interesteed in. quite frankly it's harder to have a nice collection with such expensive packs and inserts going for hundreds...

with that said i cracked open a couple of boxes and have some nice jersey and auto cards now... i am looking for olajuwon and tmac cards mainly, so if anyone has any please let me know

i have a nice mix of cards currently , no specific player so just ask for a player and i'll let you know what i have..

thanks!

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I still collect. NOt as much as i wanted to in the past few months but i was buying and seling a lot since early 90's. After we got swift i went back and got out my Swift Autographed rookie card that i got a while back and wasnt able to sell for a good price lol. Now it has a bit more meaning since he is a Rocket.

9. tierre_brown

Anything in particular you're looking for from these two? I have a few Olajuwon cards (Fleer RC, jerseys, autos, inserts, commons) and a ton of TMacs (auto, jersey, rookie, etc.) Hit me back .

10. MykTek

MykTek Member

i remember during amare's rookie yr, i pulled a Topps pristine of him out of a $25 pack.... i was like, ok, i feel better now that i spent that 25 b/c the card is worth 300 or 500...something like that... lol

11. abrocketsfan

if you have both then olajuwon is the main one; i'd say i'm interested in pretty much anything of his ... we can continue this over email or aim i suppose ...

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've got a mean Olden Polyniece card that is up for sale. Serious inquiries only please.

13. drapg

drapg Member

This thread encouraged me to go through my old trading cards.

I found a RC of Jeff Bagwell, Jeff Kent, and Manny Ramirez.

I just got back from Target to buy Becketts for all three major sports.

damn, these things are five bucks a pop now! i remember paying half that 15 years ago!

time too look up the values of these cards i wasted thousands of dollars on as a child.

14. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Then you can look on eBay and find their real value (an object is only worth what someone will pay for it). The difference in Beckett value differs drastically (most of the time). My best deal was a $75 Cuttino card for under $10 and a Barkley Star Gatorade once value over $500 for $20 ....

I've put a stop/hold on collecting cards. To date I have 400+ Charles Barkley's (3 rookies), 200+ Cuttino's (with like 30 game used jersey cards)...

15. tierre_brown

Hey abcrocketsfan, I was wondering if you got my e-mail, I got a warning saying the address was invalid.

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'm kinda scared to mention this, but when we got Francis I started collecting him, I have a ton of his cards, along with pretty much everyone else up to 99-00. If anyone is interested in any particular player let me know.

Pugs

17. tierre_brown

Hey pugs, e-mail me through the board: I have an extensie Franchise collection too.

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I collect as well. Like you Pugs and Tierre I have a bunch of Stevie. My fav is the 99 SPX auto.

Of course I wasted a load of money on Eddie Griffin...

Got a Star Olajuwon rc too.