1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac arrived in Beijing for his Adidas promotion (pics)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by noize, Aug 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. There're so many area that China is exceed U.S. I just went back to China this summer, and even though majority of people are still consider poor, but I would say 9/10 have a TV.

And for the other rich Chinese, I don't know what to say. Spent about U.S $10000 for a dinner once a while, with the greatest seafood, and greatest thing you never seen in your life.

Go to Macau, You will see just HOW RICH CHINESE ARE.

2. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

One more thing, even though most peole don't have cars, but for those who have cars, they pay almost twice as much for a car then here in the United State.

And there're more fancy car in China's city than in the U.S, they actually spent about U.S $200000-300000 for a car.

3. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

:eek:

4. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

Bah! Most of these people are corrupt officials spending taxpayers' money like there is no tomorrow...

but let's get back into basketball...

5. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

LOL, looks like you guys need a new sarcasm meter. *speechless*.

6. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

I was shocked and speechless too when I went to Macau, and see how big and crazy those people gamble there, I really wonder how in the world they have this much money to lose................

Well I guess that's why the las vegas boss are planning to invest more than 7 billions in the next coming years.

;) ;)

7. Panda

Panda Member

You guys are talking about the upper or middle class Chinese, buying cars and spend 10000 USD for a dinner that kind of stuff.

There is a bipolar state in China. The difference between the rich and poor, the cities and villages, and the coastal area and inland is getter greater and faster. That means:

1. Generally, the rich people in the coastal areas are richer and live better than the rich people in the inland. The same goes for the middle class and the lower class. For example, making 400 USD in Shenzhen is considered a middle class, but in an inland city, making 200 USD will do.

2. Generally, the people in the cities live much better than those in the villages. There is a visible stark contrast if one drives out of a city into the rural areas.

3. The living standard between the rich, the middle class and the lower class is night and day.

The most Chinese are living a tight life, by tight I mean they need to be very careful with their spending to make ends meet. The actual living cost in China is not high compared to their earnings, but their wallets are sqeezed much smaller by the corruptness of government and society. Everything is for money nowadays. Medication, education, housing ... people in these key industries are putting money first and everything second. These are the key areas that drains a lot of money from the average families. Most Chinese families need to save a large part of income for these needs, since the welfare and insurance system is in its infancy. The government has done a poor job in directing these industries to lessen the burden on average folks. The Chinese have not enjoyed the fruit of development as much as they should.

Still, the Chinese are enjoying part of the benefits the economic development brings. In Beijing, there is over seventy thousand taxis driving around and over 12% over families have a car. The Chinese consume over 60 millions sets of mobile phones each year. Internet users have broken the a hundred million mark. Home appliances are common even in remote rual areas. TV, DVD, air conditioners are nothing in the cities. It'll be a joke if one says "let's get married, I have a tv set", nowadays the girls are looking for houses and cars.

The rich people in China are living much better than the middle class in the America. If there's a rich guy out of 100 people, that'll be 13 millions rich people in China. I'd say that number is an understatement. These guys are raking it in night in night out, they have a headstart over others and the distance is widening. They pry into the extremely profitable business sectors, and some of them do business worldwide. Since the Chinese are into family relations, many relatives of the rich have benefitted from their wealth as well.

The middle class in China live somewhat worse than the middle class in the America, it's a shame that if the government does a better job in welfare, medication, education and housing they can live a comparable life to their American counterparts.

The lower class are in a world that's a few notches better than the primitive capitalism in the Western history. They won't starve, they won't be cold, they live in shabby homes without much entertainment except watching TV and playing Mahjong. 20% to 30% of Chinese are living comfortably and the rest are the worker ants. I feel lucky that I'm not one of the worker ants.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Is it just me...or does this thread appear to be headed for D&D real soon at this rate?

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go T-Mac!

Chinese posters can you read my signature?

10. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Its not a bad idea for Rocker fans to know a bit more about China when Yao is around here.

11. TheBear01

TheBear01 Contributing Member

Tmac launched his Tmac5 in Beijing. He looked pretty good and had fun there :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

Yeah, and what about all this cheap labour. They have 40" plasmas too? Please, there is a lot of poverty in China. I believe the situation is worse in the in land (not the coast ;)) areas though. A 30 years old department manager is representative of what? Chineese population in general? No, I don't think so. I hear those building gated communities are doing good though. "I've been to China all the rich people I visited had big TVs maids and nice cars, so it must be like that for all chineese." :rolleyes:

13. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

:D :D :D :D Funny

Nice pics!!!!!! thanks a lot.

14. bwelliott

bwelliott New Member

For whatever it's worth, T-mac is supposed to be here in Taipei on Saturday (9/2) (assuming I read the Chinese correctly).

And as a note, you see more McGrady jerseys in Taipei (including plenty of the old Orlando ones) than Yao jerseys.

15. bwelliott

bwelliott New Member

Make that FRIDAY (9/2). But we do have a Typhoon due in on Thursday morning, so. . .

16. razamerchant

razamerchant Contributing Member

you can find that poster on ebay for like 5 bucks

17. ballinUNC

ballinUNC Member

They must make more money than we think if they can afford to eat their phones? :eek: :p

18. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

lol.. reminds me of the pic from when the Astros played the game in Mexico, I think it was Kent holding a bootlegged jersey he signed and his name was spelled wrong on the back :D

19. Panda

Panda Member

Sure, there's a famous Chinese dish called "Kong Pao Mobile Phones".:)

The Chinese are into mobile phones. Even some cheap laborers have mobile phones. The lower end models cost a month's salary for them but they don't care. It's considered to be out without one. There's about 3 hundred million sets of mobile phones in use. In the electronic stores there's often a whole floor dedicated to selling mobile phones in all the foreign brands, and also the domestic brands on the rise. Having a mobile phone is nothing in China. The richer people upgrades their phones all the time.

20. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

thanks for posting the pics!
    man those shoes look nice.
    My wish list is...
    White/Gold
    Black/Red
    Grey/Red All Star