1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Met Jeff Hagadorn Last Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Willis25, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I was at the Downtown Young Leaders happy hour (or something like that) at the Red Door. I look over at the bar and who doI see talking to 2 nice looking women... our own (former) Rockets side-line man Hags !!

I went and shook his hand and told him he got JOBBED by Fox Sports. I was going to leave, but he seemed genuinally pleased that someone knew the situation and expressed outrage (I guess most of regulars at these things are not rocket fans)

anyway, he said that FSN wanted there own people (since they were already on the payroll). He has some leads in LA and FSN is trying to hep him got on with FSN South (hawks games ?? - :eek: !). But he would rather stay in Houston or go home to Chicago.

and YES, I asked for the 411 on the rockets, but he said with all the job situation in flux, he has been focusing on that. He knew about Barry and Deke. Said he did not expect any more blockbusters, but maybe a tweek or two before the season.

Now, that I look back, I wish I had asked him about Tmac and Yao, etc. - but I was rally just trying to distract him while my buddy hit on the two hotties he was talking to :D :p ;)

...of course when I left my boy left too - said he didn't want to be the drunk guy that didn't know when to walk away

#1 Willis25, Aug 12, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Were you there with tinman? :)

3. Willis25

very clever

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Cool.. thanks for the story..

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Ouch lol

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey, you guys are jealous that willis25 and I are meeting important NBA figures!

7. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

awesome willis25! i would've gone up to talk to him too.

i've never been to Red Door on a non Fri or Sat night...didn't even know they were open.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Hags seems pretty cool, but I'm curious if when someone leaves FSN that they require you to keep the situation hush hush (non-disclosure). Not that he really got in great detail or dissed them.

I guess what I'm saying is that Hags didn't really have much to add and maybe he hangs out at this site and wouldn't want his words shared.

Just an observation, carry-on.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He sat next to me in court once. He was the very last person to get out of there. I know because I was second to last. He was pretty ticked. So was I. It was obvious nobody knew who he was.

10. Willis25

he doesn't work for FSN - and I didn't think I was sharing anything secretive (I knew more Rockets stuff from GRAM then he does now) - just wanted everyone to know he was a nice guy and is looking to stay in broadcasting

11. We're Back

We're Back Member

"Hags" was the worst dressed guy in the hisyory of sports television. He made Craig Sager look GQ.

12. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

You should of asked about Murph.

13. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

:confused:

WOW.. His suits always looked very well cut to me.. the ties were odd at times, but overall nothng as crazy as Rudy used to wear...I wouldnt say he was the worst in history, sounds like you dont like him for other reasons..

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hagerdorn was a great guy. I wish him much success. I would have liked to seen him designated as the grooming play by play guy for radio or television. I think he does an outstanding job and is very knowledgeable. And it's obvious he enjoys his career and loves basketball. Those dorky guys on FSN are worthless. Even the dude that does the Astros post game interviews and the other guy that does the in studio bit.......they are horrid and you can tell they are not the home boys.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i serously think you have him confused.

16. Toast

Toast Member

Well he's no Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy when it comes to clothes. But then again, who is?

17. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean he did not know about the pending Wesley, Sura and expiring contracts for KG.

18. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

You, my friend, are on crack. I don't think you're talking about Hags. He's usually pretty solid when it comes to suits from what I can remember.