1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LA TIMES] Mobley is Target of Clippers (UPDATE: Cat to sign with Clips)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hottoddie, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i'm glad to see him get the money he deserves. around $8 million a year is NOT gready for whoever said that garbage. simmons gets $9.5 million for just one year of good production and mobley asks for around the same amount after a CAREER of better production than just one season and he's greedy????

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

very glad to see Cat get this nice contract. i thought opting out was more for the long term contract than thinking he could get more. i figured he'd come close, but not quite get there. however, after all the other sg's started signing for so much, it seemed likely he'd get the long term contract and a higher starting salary. good to see he got both.

sucks that it's with the clips. i mean on paper they look like a pretty nice team, but they're in the west and they're the clippers, so something will go wrong. hopefully JayZ750 is right, and they'll trade him if they suck. Cat plays so hard and hates to lose so much that i hope he gets to be on a contender before it's all said and done. also, have the clippers ever signed a free agent from another team for this much?

i thought this part of the article was hilarious.
    any word yet on if mobley also enjoys breathing air and drinking water?

3. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

He might not get a chance to win championship on this team.... but I think he will get a chance to become an all-star there.....

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The power of money...C'mon, financial security for the rest of his life from a guaranteed contract...No brainer...sign me up to the sorriest team in the leauge...

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Free agent shooting guard Cuttino Mobley has agreed to sign a five-year contract worth about $42 million with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to a source close to Mobley.
    -- Washington Post

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

i
    I would grow my hair, shave my legs, and play for the worst team in the WNBA for that kind of money.

7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I don't really know what the market for him was when he first resigned with the Rockets? I seem to think that a lot of people thought he took less money to play for the Rockets. If that was the case, it must have been a big bummer for him when he was traded.

Now, Cuttino gets the contract he deserves. He isn't underpaid. For a while there a lot of people thought that Cuttino would have to take the MLE. There were some people saying that Cuttino made a big mistake optioning out of his Contract with the Kings :eek: Obvioulsy he made the right decision. It's a nice story that Cuttino gets his big contract in the NBA :cool:

8. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Good for Cuttino. I'll always appreciate and love the Cat. I hope he proves he's worth it, he is.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5 yrs.- 42 million....and playing in LA.I guess all that hard work paid off for this feline.
    Even so,Cat and the Good Ship Lollypop are a marriage made in Heaven.Donald Sterling's traveling carnival provides the perfect stage for him and his ego to run wild.
    This is just further evidence of a certain symmetry in sports and life.I mean,how could it really have been anybody but the Clippers?

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Congrats to Mobley. I like this signing for the Clippers and Cuttino. For people bashing him for taking money with a "bad" team, take a look at the Clippers' roster. They are far from being a "bad" team and it's not like any great team was chasing after Cuttino? Would you rather him resign for the MLE in Sacramento or something?

I think I might have to pick up a Cat jersey, I like the Clips' jersey.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

clipp quietly opening the long closed purse strings

Rocket River