1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EA Sports] NCAA College Football 2006

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Does anyone know if the race for heisman mode includes dynasty features like recruiting? Or is it purely centered around 1 player? I havent been very interested in experimenting with this mode yet. It just doesnt seem very appealing. I can create a player and win heisman in dynasty mode too.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Wow ... completely the opposite of what I feel. I feel the running controls are 10X better. No more slow mo after the snap. More fluid movement and the spin move isn't a guaranteed failure anymore.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i wished they spent time making a PSP version...

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

...Bookmarking this post for future reference...

I didn't use the juke too much while running so the new controls don't bother me that much. The only move I use is the spin and it's still the same.

One thing I like is that the playaction pass develops much faster than before. Before, it was a sure sack because your QB wouldn't even look to pass until there was a lineman right in his grill. But now it's actually an advantage for the offense instead of the defense, like it should be.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Got my copy yesterday, This game is unreal. My only complaint so far is that my Horns are ranked too low. They should be higher than sixth.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

the controls are what I was talking about, not the gameplay.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I still get sacked every time i run playaction. literally every time its a sack or an INT from a awkward throw caused by a hit.

8. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

7 games in and I've already landed my top 5 recruits.

They all have average potential...hopefully I can score some diamonds in the rough during the offseason.

I wonder is EA threw a curveball and allows players to de-commit.

9. junglerules

junglerules Member

Started my RFTH today. I chose to be a 5'10'' , 200 lb running back. I decided to take a scholarship rather than just walk on anywhere- thought that would be kinda cheap.

Anyway, I took the scholarship at the best school- Washington State, and I'm a 74 overall. Not too special, but had a great first game. 215 yds and 2 TD's.

The feature is interesting, but overall, i think I'll like the dynasty mode more just because you can do all the recruiting and stuff in it.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Well, if the following screens from the Madden PSP game are any indication of how the NCAA game would look on the PSP, then maybe you should take that back:
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042615243.jpg
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042614852.jpg
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042614462.jpg
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042612806.jpg
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042612462.jpg
    http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/633/633250/madden-nfl-06-20050713042611650.jpg

That is one ugly game. :eek: Doesn't really make sense given the graphics from other PSP games like SSX, GTA:LS, Burnout Legends, etc. I'm hoping these are just placeholder graphics or something like that, although I don't know why they would show it. :confused:

11. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Race For The Heisman is basically Dynasty For Dummies. You don't recruit or discipline or anything..it's just straight up gaming.

I got my last commit last night. Does anyone know what a good number for in-season cimmitals is? I got 6 on the season. I'm scared I should have got more and that I'm going to have to fight for scraps in the offseason.

Did anyone notice that there are a lot less 5 star recruits this year, and that Texas is lacking in the talents it produces in the last couple of games? I think in my current season there were only 2 5 star players from Texas.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I played on line for the first time today. Nearly broke my controller. The lag pisses me off enough. The fact that the other guy ran HB direct and blitzed every other play with VTech just makes it worse.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody have a copy of Linders PS2 rosters? His site crashed and I hadn't gotten a chance to dl them.

14. junglerules

junglerules Member

Thus far, I am REALLY struggling to stop teams with scrambling QB's. I've ripped through my first part of the season with Texas, and it nice to have the combo of selvin young and ramonce taylor to compelement Vince in the backfield! However, the team that gave me the most trouble through week 5 so far? RICE!!!! I could not stop the option, and in the past I've had no trouble at all! I think part of it is me still getting used to the controls since I've played it on PS2 for teh past few years.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game, and the ability to make substitutions on formations is an underrated but highly appreciated feature. I love being able to sub in Ramonce, or move Thomas to a wideout here and there. The in-season recruiting is proving to be more intriguing to me, too. RFTH? I've kinda lost interest....an interesting idea, but too close to an actual dynasty for me, but without the fun of recruiting.

15. Ollie

Ollie Member

Online play?

junglerules-

I sent you a friend request on XBOX live.

Anyone else want to play? My gamertag is TxOllie.

16. steddinotayto

I am pretty sure those are real time pictures. Granted, it's pretty jagged like the old ps1 games, but I hope that it'll be better come release time. MLB for PSP has some pretty nice graphics.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I saw some clips of the game in motion at Gamespot the other day, and I will say that in motion, the game looks a lot better (although still a little ugly). From what I can tell, it has the whole console experience (animatons, playcalling, etc.), just with downgraded graphics. Due to the camera though, you don't really notice the graphics that much, IMO. So while it was true that the game's graphics are VERY ugly, I think a Madden or NCAA College Football game wouldn't be that bad. As long as EA polishes the graphics up a little bit, it should be a nice game to have on the PSP.

Just a FYI, Gamespot also has come clips of the PSP version of NBA Live, which looked ok in motion as well, although the players looked a little downgraded as well.

18. junglerules

junglerules Member

Cool...thanks, man. I'll look for you sometime soon. Haven't been online much recently- focused on my dynasty with Texas. That's the thing, though. It's just not fair if I play with them online, so I really need to find some other teams. I'd like to feel like I'm competent without some freak of nature athletic qb to save my ass all the time. :)

Anyway, who do you like to play with? I'm thinking of finding another team with decent offensive balance, and a capable defense. But I don't want to use the typical powerhouses on the game like Iowa, Tenn, UT, etc. I'll have to experiment around with some more teams.

19. steddinotayto

i'll settle for downgraded graphics. if it's on par with MLB, then i'll be happy. as long as i can play Live in class and can easily recognize the players on the screen i'll be fine

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

OK, Ole Miss just passed on me for over 700 yards and broke the NCAA record for passing yards in a game against me. They ran 4 or 5 wide sets 97 of the game. What defense do you guys use to stop these type of wide receiver sets?