1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MisterMister, Jul 4, 2005.

1. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

Any news on the whos on the Rockets Summer League roster?

2. The Hungarian Rocket

You'll find the answer if you read other topics in the forum...

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Come on dude, it's just a lot easier if you just help him out. Ya, there are a lot of repetitive threads out there, but sometimes it's damn near impossible to filter through all of them to find out things.

Mister- I don't think a final roster has been set, but here is who will most likely be on the roster so far w/ a couple more no-namers to be added:

Spanoullis, Badaine, Head, Hayes

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Hopefully it will be up soon.

5. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Who's Hayes?

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

so far
    Luther Head
    Maleke Baldine
    Pat Carroll
    David Bluthenthal
    Hayes
    (no confirmation on V Spanolis)
    ...and they are talking to John Lucas, Jr.

8. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Lucas Jr. signed with Timberwolves.

9. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

v. span is not coming over according to 610

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

why not?

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That really sucks! I really wanted to hear more about him.

I guess with the drafting of Head the Rockets felt that perhaps they could wait another year on Vspan.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

or perhaps the rumors of him expecting/demanding things the Rockets weren't prepared to give were true?

comeon morningcrew, we know you guys are lurking...whats the deal? :confused:

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well this sure is disappointing if it's true... I wonder if they knew going into the draft that Vaseline (tm) would not be a part of the summer leagues... I wonder what this bodes for him ever becoming a Rocket?

14. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

well they said he will make over a mil overseas right now. Lance said the rockets will have to offer him over a mil to leave europe where he is about to get well payed.

15. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

This sucks....I have really been wanting to see this guy play. I guess we'll have to wait until next year.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This crap better not be true about Spanoullis, because that is just a bunch of bull$hit.

Question: What kind of rights do the Rockets own on Spanoullis? I know he can sign w/ the Euro team, but does he have any type of committment to us? He has to have some sort of committment since we drafted him.

17. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

rocketlaunch is correct. I was listening to 610 this morning and was shocked when I heard that. Basically he can make more playing overseas than the rockets are willing to commit right now. The rockets must not be ready to sign him to much money yet. Lance said we would have to come up with more than 1 million a year to actually get him here. So it looks like we will not see him till the rockets see enough in his game to offer him a decent contract.

18. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Yeah it sucks but I believe draft rights (even for 1st rounders) does not mean any kind of committment other than having to play for the team that drafted you IF or when you join the NBA. You cannot force a foreign player to come play for the NBA obviously but if they do decide they want to play here, then they will have to report to the team that drafted them. Some previous examples were Manu and Peja, who both came over years after they were drafted. Now it seems this Luis Scola guy may join the Spurs and supposedly is the best young PF in Europe (man, I hate to admit but even with Yao and Tmac, I envy the Spurs team sometimes - they have a couple of the best sleeper picks, EVER IMO).

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Here's what my Greek contact emailed me:

According to Greek press, Spanoulis is trying to get a Euroleague team to sign him, but the ones offering BIG money are not playing there: Pamesa Valencia, Dynamo Moscow, Dynamo St. Petersburg.
    Panathinaikos, a final-4 team last year is offering more or less around 550,000 euros/year to him but he doesn't wanna go there either, as the team is filled w/ guards and he won't find enough playing time.
    Right now, Spanoulis is playing w/ his stock, but his environment says he's not goin to the Rockets' summer league

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It probably makes more sense for Spanoullis to stay in Europe and take guaranteed money, rather than risking being sent to the NBDL if he comes over. It would be nice if he could at least play in the summer league...though I have no problem with him staying in Europe for another year as long as he gets playing time and polishes his game.

John and Lance were also talking about using him as trade bait this summer...it is unlikely, but we might be able to sell some team that is rebuilding on him.