1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like I'm going to sue somebody...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Jun 6, 2005.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

You are about to get a bill from all the bbs lawyers for the advice they have clearly documented in this forum.

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Fatty is going to have his own legal dream team assembled from the BBS!

3. powerchuter

powerchuter Contributing Member

There might be another option. I had a problem with a car dealer and it looked like I was going to have to spend a lot on an attorney to solve it.

Before starting the legal process I called the Dept. of Transportation and explained my problem to the licensing officer (one of the people in charge of handing out car dealer licenses - and revoking them).

No exaggeration but within 5 minutes of hanging up the dealer called me and let me know that he had reconsidered and that the problem was solved.

You might try or threaten to try that.
    http://www.dot.state.tx.us/mvd/licensing/licensing.htm

4. superden

superden Contributing Member

man, i hate when people do crap like that. let us know how it goes! good luck man.

5. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Fatty,

Hope everything turns out well. Obviously, next time don't part with $2K until you have the opportunity to look at, and inspect, the vehicle. And if somebody tells me that they need that much money up front but that the car will be in sometime in the near future, then that's a deal breaker. I'll just go somewhere else. Because at the end of the day, whoever has the money in hand is running the show, and many times your only recourse is a lawsuit. But you know all of that at this point.

I'm a prosecutor so I don't deal in civil law, but it is definitely worth a conversation with an attorney (and I'm not just saying that to line my brethren's pockets either).:D

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

If he ripped you off the first time, why did you go back? Second of all, this is a used car lot? Why would you put a deposit on a vehicle based on trust? $2k for a used vehicle thats going to come in, yet you've never seen it before? That makes no sense. I would never put a deposit for a used vehicle. Purchasing a new vehicle on the other hand is a whole different ball game.

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Do you need a tough smart lawyer or...

The Texas Hammer

They're one and the same.

Signed,
    Jim Adler

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is Fatty gonna have to sue a b****?

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Why don't you do the rest of us a solid and tell us where this guy worked so we can avoid him.

10. Fatty FatBastard

He was originally at River Oaks Auto on Shepherd. He has since moved to Stafford Auto Sales on Main.