1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WNBA Player Profiles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by University Blue, Jun 5, 2005.

1. University Blue

DeMya Walker, PF
    Sacramento Monarchs

Strengths: competitive, athletic, quick, solid rebounder, great help defender, nice fadeaway, can handle the ball for a post player

Weaknesses: will need to develop strength, inconsistent perimeter game

Bold Statement: I thought Sacramento made a mistake in trading Tangela Smith, but I was wrong. Walker, at this point, is better than Tina Thompson.

2. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well since, at this point Tina is carrying a baby, I highly doubt she's in the best playing shape. I would imagine Walker would be better.

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

I caught the first half of the Sacremento vs LA game the other day. I was impressed with Walker's game. Her fadeaway was pretty good.

4. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Dont know if you made that bold statement, but whoever made it is a little crazy. Before Thompson got pregnant she was playing the best basketball of any female in the world.

5. University Blue

I made that bold statement.

There are a couple of MVP candidates who would take offense to your last statement.

Thompson's game hasn't improved in two to three years. The athleticism of the league has caught up to Thompson. I love Tina, but she needs to develop a stronger post game to compete against the athletic forwards in the league.

University (Keeping up with the Jones') Blue

6. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Well Blue, you obviously dont keep up with the Wnba. Thompson was playing the best basketball of any female in the world. If it wasnt for Thompson USA wouldnt have won gold. If the Comets would have made the playoffs last year, She would have been MVP.......and there is not one forward in the league who can hold Thompson, as she's proven.

7. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

When will she be back? Anything other news than just the second half of da season?

8. University Blue

Diana Taurasi, G
    Phoenix Mercury

Strengths: strength in the post, athletic, nice fade-away, handles the ball well, comes from a competitive program

Weaknesses: questionable decision-maker, unable to break-down defender off the dribble

Bold Statement: Phoenix would be a better team with Taurasi at the SG and have a true PG running their offense. Unfortunately for Phoenix, they already have a legitmate, All-Star caliber SG in DeForge.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I live in Sacramento. I see games live, and I'm not that high on Walker. She's pretty good, not great. Pretty suspect shooter.

You know who's the real deal on the Monarchs that a lot of you may not have heard of though? Rebekkah Brunson. She has a go-to post game... which is why her percentage is on the low side at the moment. Even with all the weapons the Monarchs have, she's the one they go to for offense when she's in. Not bad for a second-year pro.

10. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Brunson did a really good job last year in the playoffs. She was a really big part of how they knocked LA out of the playoffs last year.