1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

one thing yao is better than stoudamire in...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jun 1, 2005.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

Yao did score 33 points, when mavs decided to shut every one except t-mac and yao down in the game 7, against the second best center in WNBA ...... :D
    But i doubt yao can score more than 30 points against tough spurs defense/....

2. Panda

Panda Member

Amare averaged 37 pts at 55% shooting, Duncan 27 pts at 53% shooting, in this series.

Conclusion: offensively Amare is better than Duncan. Duncan is a good player feeding off the creation of teammates like Parker and Ginobili, and Amare is the dominant creator who carries his team and makes his teammates better.

Stats can be misleading. If Yao's shots can be created by the MVP and he takes 26 shots a game in a playoff series, he can average 35 pts easy.

3. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Very good question. During the regular season, I have no doubt Yao could go off for 3 games in a row and average 37 points if single covered. I don't see him doing it over a 5 game playoff series against the Spurs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

4. SunsRocketsfan

Hey! sorry for the confusion. Now lets not start bashing me . haha well you can if you like. But let me set things straight. I do not like AMARE at all. Cuz I think he is way too cocky and arrogant. ALl i was saying is that I thought he was a overrated player till i saw I acutally saw him play games.

Now on being a Suns or Rockets Fan.
    I am definately a ROCKETS FAN FOR LIFE! .. I have always loved hte Rockets since the dream days. I have never lived in Houston but have visited there several times. I was first a Dream only fan and since he was on the rockets i naturally became a rockets fan. I was also a Charles Barkley fan at the time so I loved the SUns too!!! You cant imagine on how confused I was when the Rockets played the SUns in the playoffs.. But in any case I was soo damn ecstatic when the Rockets made the Barkley trade. MY TWO FAVORITE PLAYERS ON THE SAME TEAM!! then they bought in r****d Pippen who ruined everything. Anyways thats why I still follow up on the Suns cuz i was a suns fan, but i dont care much for hte current suns team. But I do like Nash, Joe Johnson and Marion. Ithink they are great players who are modest. Just amare kind ruined the whole thing for me this year. Anyways I also happen to be Chinese so I will always root for Yao no matter what team he is on. I have just been lucky and fortunate enough that he is on one of the teams I have always been a fan off.. ANyways sorry for the confusion and for anyone who wants to bash me.

5. RedFusion

RedFusion Member

Amare is an awesome player even without Nash. However, there's no doubt that he has benefitted tremendously from Nash's playmaking:

According to 82games.com, "Steve Nash to Amare" ranks #2 in the NBA in assisted field goal combos with 211 of Amare's field goals coming from Steve Nash assists.

http://www.82games.com/feeders.htm

Nash and Amare played 73 games together. In those games, Nash assisted Amare in 2.89 field goals per game, resulting in +5.78 ppg.

Amare averaged 26 ppg for the season. If you take away those 5.78 ppg that he got from Steve Nash, he would be averaging 20.22 ppg.

However, if we take those assists away then we may have to add like 1 or 2 more ppg simply because if Nash wasn't there to pass to Amare, some lesser pg would...but that lesser pg would not increase Amare's ppg by over 5.

There were 7 games where Amare played without Nash:
    Jan. 15, 17, 19...Feb. 23, 26, 27...Apr. 20...

Amare averaged slightly over 22.0 ppg for those 7 games, including a season low 8 points against the Grizzlies on Jan. 19.

Amare is a stud by himself, but having Steve Nash makes Amare a little bit better....that and being on an offensively loaded team.

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

amare is MUCH better than yao. yao has a better jumper and is a marginally better passer but every other assest of the game goes to amare. the man was a complete beast during the playoffs. it seemed like he was putting up 40 & 15 every game.

7. We're Back

We're Back Member

bottom line though, head to head, Yao always handles Amare pretty well.

8. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

One thing Yao for sure is better: one-on-one defense.

9. aterry

aterry Member

Amare is better because he uses his strengths to there fullest capabilities. He is more athletic and quicker than any big man in the league so instead of playing a true low post game he simply takes them off the dribble. On the other hand, Yao is a giant of a man, but he doesn’t always play like he is the biggest guy on the floor. Once he has learned to use his height to its full advantage he will become a great player.

10. SunsRocketsfan

i wasnt aware that the team hated each other. Anyways i like Rockets first than the Suns if hte suns at all. i created this name back awhile ago. i have acutally since not been that big of a suns fan at all. I stopped following them. If you read my other post i liked the rockets and the suns cuz my two favorite players barkley and hakeem were on the teams. Thats when i first started watching the NBA. Been a Suns and Rockets fan since. and i love yao.. i think he's great. i would definately never ever want to see him traded for anyone. But even if he was, i would still be a Rockets fan

11. SunsRocketsfan

where was I?? I was watchign Yao kick some ass!!! I loved it when Yao had great games and i loved reading all the posts on here about what everoyne thinks of yao. i just never posted often but i was in the chatroom often screaming and yelling when Yao had those great games during hte season and the playoffs against Dallas. Where he went 13 for 14.. And the miss wsant even a miss it wsa more of a turn over. THAT WAS AMAZING and i hope we can see more of that from him next year.
    Im a huge Yao fan, I am not bashign Yao in any way. I have like every single video compilation of Yao from his rookie year and even videos of him back in China on the National Team before the NBA. he has definately come a loonnng way and i hope he just continues to improve. All i was saying was that as much as i hate to admit it, Amare (ATLEAST IN MY OPINON, you can disagree) is better than Yao right now.