1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kellen Winslow Jr. possibly out for the entire season

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, May 19, 2005.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Of course, they could cut him and the only part of his contract that is guaranteed is his signing bonus. For every T.O. and Ricky Williams, there are dozens of guys who get cut for no other reason than the team doesn't want to pay them anymore.

2. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

I can't recall ever seeing a player being cut simply because a team doesn't want to pay him anymore. Either there are cap issues or the player can't/doesn't perform anymore. However in both those cases it is within the teams rights as written in the contract and or the CBA to be able to cut him for those reasons. If TO had written in his contract that he wanted to be able to renegotiate everytimem another WR was making more than him, I wouldn't have a problem with his gripe. My beef is that he put his name to an agreement and now he wants to bail on it cause he feels dis'd.

3. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

He will never be the same.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone got a picture of Marcu Camby
    er .. . . Mr Glass

Rocket River

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

that flash cartoon nearly made me piss my pants.. when he starts swirving and Hendrix's "Ezy Ryder" starts getting all warped.. oh lord, too funny

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trivia time

The guy who does the sounds with his voice in "Police Academy" is Michael Winslow, Kellen Jr.'s uncle.

You ask why I bring this ancient thread up to give that useless info?

Micheal Winslow was on John and Lance's show a few months back and he was defending his nephew vehemently. And watching Kellen Sr. on SportsCenter last night calling out the media reminded of it. Did any of you guys catch that? I defended Kellen when he called out his teamates but is becoming clearer and clearer the this guy is a spoiled brat.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

The fact that the winslows are always on tv defeding this kid tells you where he is. Once, a mistake, twice, a mistake, three times a problem.

8. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

He did it to himself

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Isn't it cute to see the soldier's daddy taking up for him. :)

Winslow Sr was a great NFL player. But I think something is lose in his head. Remember back when hetried to charge agents fees to interview with their group to reprent Jr?

Good luck to Jr and his recovery. But if I never hear from his dad again it wouldn't bother me.

10. drapg

drapg Member

So how long until the Browns dump him off onto Mike S. and the Broncos?