1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If its Spurs vs Pistons, I'm not going to watch the Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 25, 2005.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I like Miami's chances at winning the championship.

2. qrui

qrui Member

i really hope it's spurs vs. miami, not pistons.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is much nicer city than San Antonio. San Antonio is just a tourist city. Granted there are nicer cities than Htown, San Antonio is not the greatest place to live. This is based on personal experience and opinions of people who lived in San Antonio or moved there.
    I live in the greatest city in Texas now. A Town!

Plus coming from Houston, I HATE THE SPURS.
    I hate the SPURS 90% instead of 100% because Robert Horry is there. The only reason I can think of rooting for them is so that Robert can pass Michael Jordan with most rings, then go for Bill Russell!

Die Hard Rockets fans:
    1. Hate the Lakers
    2. Hate the Spurs
    3. Hate the Mavs
    4. Hate Utah

4. foodworld

foodworld Member

Meh. The only team I've ever hated is the Lakers, and now that they're going to suck for the forseeable future, I can't bring myself to hate 'em anymore. I used to never like watching the Spurs, but Parker and Ginobli have changed that. Utah's out of the playoffs, so it's impossible to hate them.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

The only reason to watch the spurs is for the in-crowd close ups of Eva Longoria. Not for the close ups of Popavich.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That's about the dumbest statement you've ever made about "you know who". Parker does nothing better than "you know who" including defense.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Parker has a better looking girlfriend.

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Seriously, I never can understand why people compete amongst Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio about their cities. Let's be honest, they are great places to get a low-priced house and raise a family, but not the most interesting places to live.

If I had to live in Texas again, I'd pick San Marcos.

Although, Houston wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so humid....and flat. I will say I perfer people in Houston to those in Dallas...people in Houston are pretty friendly.

9. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Jeez.

I want to party with tinman.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Well I can't argue with that.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Well,
    its going to be Xbox Live or Netflix time!

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You won't watch Miami vs San Antonio?

Dream Land was a great book, finished reading it last night after starting to read it on Tuesday night. That year I was living in Florida so I never got to follow the Rockets as closely as I did before and after my time there. That book gave me all the information I missed being 1000 miles away, now I know why you like Vernon Maxwell, Sam Cassell, and Robert Horry so much. Why no love for Carl Herrera?

I know a lot of the Die Hard Rocket fans won't learn much from that book, but there are some things in there that you won't know and even if there isn't you'll have a great time reliving that season. It's only 2 or 3 bucks anyway.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I don't know, Cuttino is pretty cute...

14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

When anyone in the media says that "people" don't want to see something it usually means "themselves"... The media are bunch of yuppie, big city types who loath places like San Antonio and Detriot since there is no social climate.

As far as the Spurs vs Pistons series I for one think it would be great, but then again I am a defensive minded player and enjoy watching good defensive teams in all sports. It will be akin to the Rockets vs Knicks in '94. I just finished watching that series and had forgotten how physical the play was, the refs were letting them smack each other around quite a bit on both ends. And on a personal note I hope the Rockets get to see that series and pay close attention to the way defense can win you championships.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I stand corrected, "almost no one who knows anything about professional basketball, who has any objective view of player skills, could, in their right mind, actually believe that S.F. is a better POINT GUARD than Tony Parker who will soon be playing for the NBA championship and who is indisputably one of the top three players on the soon to be champion Spurs." Thank you.

Better passer, better playmaker, better decision-maker, better court vision, better ball handler, better shooter, better defender, etc. etc.

"you know who" - better rebounder, stronger, better dunker.

16. rudager

rudager Member

Neither could I. Now that's a Fear Factor!

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I have plenty of love for Carl Herrera. He was key against the Knicks. Amigo!

I don't like Spurs fans. They still think that Hakeem travels, and somehow David Robinson is in the same league as Dream.

See what Amare was doing to the Tim Duncan? A 94-95 Hakem would drop 50pts EVERY NIGHT on the current Spurs Team.

Good Robert Horry vs Evil Robert Horry would be interesting to watch too.

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't think the Spurs would miss a beat with Francis in there instead of Parker. They would still run everything through Duncan, usually they don't even have their PG do the entry (more from Manu or Horry) so it would not be something SF would screw up. If Parker had to carry a team he would fail miserably, he is a distant 3rd best/most critical member of his own team. Also, for the record SF is a better FT and outside shooter than Parker, and Parker has almost as lousy a A/TO ratio for a PG. Parker's weaknesses and very much covered up by his fellow players.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I couldn't have said it better. It amazes me that some people fail to comprehend that Steve was expected to replace a franchise player, Hakeem, and Parker is replacing a role player, Avery Johnson. Whether expectations of Steve were too high or he didn't live up to potential is another argument. But don't sit here and write that Tony is a better point guard, a guy who averages no more than 5 assists playing one of the best teams of this generation with arguably the best player in the league. He's a good solid role player and he fits in very well with his team.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think most fans and NBA coaches would disagree with the assessment that Parker is a "role player" who could be easily replaced. In fact, when Duncan was out for an extended period, Parker and Manu did carry the team. I just totally disagree with both your views.