1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Peterson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Another guy came to my mind as a replacement for DWes.. All I know that he can shoot the 3 ball. Is he a good fit for us? Can he play D ? Is he attainable?

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

He has two years left on his contract at about 4.5M each year. He is a decent young player, why would they trade him?

3. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Not just why would they trade him, where would we play him? He's too small at 6'7" to guard many small forwards, and he's too good to come off the bench for T-Mac. We need a SF and a PF.

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

TMac is the SF. MoPete would play SG if he were to become a Rocket. Plus, IMO, 6'7 is not too short to play SF.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see Mo Pete on the Rockets as a SG but the Raptors are not likely to trade him.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have mentioned a couple of times on the board that I think Mo Peterson would be a great addition at SG. He has nice size at 6'7", is a good perimeter defender, is quick and can shoot the 3 ball. The only think he lacks is the ability to create his own shot, as he is marginal at that. He is also signed to a decent contract. Great addition if we can get him but I am not sure we have anything that Toronto wants except our draft pick.

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

he's under contract, I dont really see the Raps giving him up, also considering that we dont really have anything they would want...

8. SilverSaint

SilverSaint Member

do you guys think that there is anyway that we could get Elton Brand from the clippers?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Clippers would lose what little credibility they have.

And Les Alexander won't pay out three max contracts (considering that Yao will get maxed out).

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

T-Mac:D

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The clips have done some pretty dumb stuff in the name of rebuilding. They're the clips.

I heard Yao might not get maxed out if it helps the team out of loyalty. Anyone know if there's any credibility to this?

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Feel like trading T-Mac or Yao?

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Not No but hell no...Brand will be staying with the clips

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

mo-pete gave me herpes!

15. JamesC

JamesC Member

Not a chance, but I've always wondered if theres a way to get Chris Wilcox.

16. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I get the sense that Wilcox's value is pretty low right now. I imagine it wouldn't take much to get him, but the question is would we want him? He's apparently still all 'P' and weak in defense and rebounding.