1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PF Suggestion.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KAS13, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

After observing the playoffs closely I think I have found the perfect power forward for the Rockets. He hustles, he rebounds and he takes the ball to the hole strong. His development over the past three seasons has been amazing as he has even added a jumper to his already amazing game. His name is Amare Stoudemire.

Since Joe Johnson has come back and Phoenix has made it clear that they really want to resign him, do you think that they would take a few expiring contracts, first round draft picks and our throating European point guard for Stoudemire. I propose:

Baker,Moochie, Wesley , the European throater and two #1's.

Thoughts?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You couldn't get stoudemire unless we were giving up Yao and Tmac

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's too much for Stoudemire. He really isn't that good....

........:rolleyes:

4. KAS13

Obviously. I felt the need to post that because it mirrors some of the ridiculous trade proposals that I see here quite often. It is a carbon copy of exactly what I normally see suggested for Kidd, Chandler,ect..

On a side note, I really wanted to say "throating European Point guard" for some reason.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Are you serious??? There is absolutely no way the Suns would let go of Amare! I'm not sure they would even do it for Yao, with the way they run the court. The way he has played this season and especially in the playoffs leads me to believe he is on the verge of superstardom. Teams don't trade that kind of talent (especially those with his size, skills, and athleticism) for scrub players, unknown comodities, expiring contracts and even high draft picks....let alone the number 24. No chance whatsoever of getting Amare. Although it would be nice, it's just not feasible.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Here's my serious suggestion... let's get Amare!

Impossible!

That sucks!

No way!

Uh, yeah, I knew that. I was only joking! Yeah, that's the ticket! It was all a big joke!

8. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

This guy is Throating!!! Its obviously a joke read his response

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KAS- So the Rockets see Spanoulis, as you say, "throating"?

Dissapointing.

Any word on the throatiness of a certain Senegalese via Germany?

10. KAS13

You're a pretty smart dude (and you are clearly throating) if you think I was serious. I even pointed it out to be a joke before responses started coming. Some were smart enough to figure it out, others (youself) weren't. If Shaq were here he'd tell you that " You're throating like Erick.......Dampier.

11. KAS13

No they don't see him as thoating. He's an option, I was just joking around. His defense is suspect but other then that he may or may not work out. I wouldn't get too excited over him because he really isn't an upgrade over what we have now.

In terms of Badiane, he's exactly what he's been advertised. He's really athletic but raw offensively. I could see him contributing for us because of his rebounding and shot blocking but he's a project. Think Hakim Warrick with even less court awareness and offensie ability

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Read down the thread, Einstein -- you changed your tune AFTER the responses came, not before. Even if you were joking, that's the oldest, lamest "joke" around: Start an entire useless thread to make fun of bad trade suggestions. Haven't ever seen THAT one before. :rolleyes:

13. micah1j

micah1j Member

This thread throats! Did I use the word right?

5, 4, 3, 2...

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, that's ridiculous! no way do I see that happening!

Now, you might be able to do something if we could split the MLE and sign Joe Johnson and Tyson Chandler. I am sure the Suns and the Bulls wouldnt dare match it!

15. KAS13

Yes, the word was used correctly.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'll say.

KASdude, I'm just tweaking you. I love ya like a brother -- albeit a brother who starts dumbs threads.

17. KAS13

You're a dork. The one responce I had received was that we couldn't get Amare without trading Yao or TMac. That's when I said obviously. You are obviously some sort of message board diva who takes this stuff way too serious. Do you notice how serious you take these things ? A useless thread maybe, but you make it like i went into your yard and killed your dog. It amazes me that you aren't intelligent enough to figure out it was a joke.

18. KAS13

Nice use again IC2000. I must give praise to some of the posters on this board who have helped make the word "throating" a household term.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're AMAZED? How cute.

Hey, I've got an idea -- let's start a thread about how Yao isn't living up to his potential! You know, as a brilliant parody of those threads where people say Yao isn't living up to his potential! Man, THAT would be some clever ****e!

Don't worry, KAS, I'd be all defensive, too, if people were all up in my sh*t about starting a lame thread. Seriously, watching you backpedal is kind of fun.

20. KAS13

It's cool then. However, I still think that people take things too seriously over here. I have a buddy who got banned for joking around during the Carlos Beltran situation. People fail to realize that a lot of these "dumb threads" are jokes. If you don't think they're funny, that's cool, but don't overreact either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.