1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First KLOL, now KIOL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, May 28, 2005.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I was watching Sports OffCenter with Craig Roberts. (great show, btw)

At the end of the show he mentioned he will have a new gig on a new radio station in Houston that will be a talk-based format. He'll be doing the sports in the morning.

The station he mentioned he was going to? 97.5.

Just thought y'all might like to know. Pink Floyd will, thankfully, be pulled from the airwaves once again.

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

97.5 has moved to 103.7
    It will have a 100kw tower for better signal quality and range.
    So far 97.5 and 103.7 are broadcasting the same thing. When the signal issues are fixed with 103.7 then 97.5 will start the talk radio format.

3. Fatty FatBastard

Well..... damnit.

4. rudager

rudager Member

Stop listening to radio and start listening to the Last Poets.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

After I see the Red Sox highlights of them crushing the Yankees, I am going to listen to in its entirety, "Animals" by Pink Floyd just because I know it will piss you off. Why it pisses you off is a mystery to me, but I figure that if it pisses you off that a certain radio station plays Floyd a lot (when you obviously don't have to listen to it or God forbid change the station when a Floyd song comes on), I figure you get annoyed when anyone listens to them whether you are around or not. Which that is silly and sad just like me typing up this post.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What is this FM radio you people speak of?

Sincerely,

Sirius rulz.

7. Fatty FatBastard

First off, assclown, I never meant to close your CD thread.:p

To be fair, manny, I've always liked you, even though your music prowess is untasteful.

That said, I've always loathed Pink Floyd, save Comfortably Numb. I have listened to at least 20 songs by them, and I don't like them.

Even so, AC/DC has some annoying points, as well. Although you should listen to "Problem Child"

I always thought it was fun giving you a hard time. You just got uppity about it recently.

It's all good.

Y&T RULES!!! (Listen to Contagious for me, will ya?);)

#7 Fatty FatBastard, May 29, 2005
    Last edited: May 29, 2005
  8. Manny Ramirez

Oh really?? I guess if I start a new one, you won't act like a troll in it?? I bet you couldn't do it knowing how you are.

Now that is a stupidass r****ded statement and you know it. You say that like a fact when music is like any other art, it is all subjective. Besides, I challenge you to go through my collection (not like that is going to happen, thank God but I am saying this for emphasis) and find 20 albums you like. I bet you will find more than 20. The fact is I like really too much of EVERYTHING. There is very few stuff I could care less for. But you are entitled to your opinion - I am hardly going to lose any sleep over what you think about my "music prowess".

That's fair because it appears you have given them a chance. But you should realize that Floyd is generally considered by critics and the public to be one of the 10 greatest rock bands ever. You shouldn't get annoyed when they come on a classic radio station or any other radio station that plays that type of music. I don't care too much for Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty even though they have a couple of songs that I think are okay, but I am going to expect to hear them when I listen to the classic rock station out of Nashville.

Took me awhile to figure out if you were talking about an album or a song - it is a song off "Let There Be Rock"? I plan on getting that album eventually along with "The Razor's Edge" (mainly because of "Thunderstruck" and "Moneytalks") and maybe "Powerage". Just got "Highway to Hell" and want to spin it several times before moving on to what would be my 5th album of them. I have never said they were a bad band although I do think a lot of their stuff sounds pretty much the same. Plus that is all that is played in our weight room when we work out - AC/DC, so it can get old to me after awhile.

It got old because you kept running it into the ground. I know how you are, FFB, you like to push the envelope whether it is with me or it is with people who are against smoking or anything else. But you have to ask yourself, objectively, what you did in that big music thread was it trolling? You can only take things so far, but you went over that line and came across as a spiteful little troll. When others comment on your behavior that should have been a sign to you that you took it too far (caused me to put you on Ignore for awhile).

If you say so although I think you are getting more enjoyment out of this than me! I am glad that I have you off Ignore - just don't act like the Village Idiot too much or I will have to go back to that. And that is hard for me since I really don't believe in an Ignore List (revealing this will probably do more harm than good).:p

I already promised that I would get AC/DC's "Let There Be Rock" in the future; I can't make another music promise to you - remember my music prowess is untasteful. :mad: :p ;)

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Manny does your butler bring you tea and crumpets before he puts on your Pink Floyd?

I've never witnessed such an elitist in my entire life...

*----> [​IMG] <----*

10. Manny Ramirez

Where do you come up with those smilies, Furball?

Oh and he does bring me tea and crumpets but only to Eric B & Rakim which I am listening to right now.:D

11. KingCheetah

Elite BBS member(s) have access to a plethora of special Clutchfans features -- unfortunately, this is all I am able to say at this time.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Dude, there have been sooooooooooo many b*stard children of the "what are you listening to?" thread since it was closed.

You know it, also. I've seen you post more stuff about what you were listening to in those, as well. I stuck to my guns.

Will I ever post again in a CD thread? Probably. But I've put myself on sabatical for a few months.

You can post a CD thread Fatty free until then.

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Pink Floyd rocks.
    Just wanted to get that in before this thread is locked due to Hatfield McCoy Syndrome.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Back on topic....

Read my sig!

15. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Why the hell will people get bent about a station moving? That is what it boils down to, if you like 97.5, just move when they move. I am gald there is another talk radio station in H-town, sounds like this one is going to be good.

As far is Phil Hendrie, it seems it will be on a 24-hour tape delay. I will continue to just listen to it off the net live.

16. KingCheetah

Have you tried reprograming the stations on a modern 'super' car stereo? :eek:

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, me too. I've been a backstage pass member for years now. I listen to the previous nights show every day at work.

I'm just excited that the people in Houston who missed him the first time around will finally get a chance to check him out even if they are only playing 2 of the 3 hours of the tape delayed show.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I actually look forward to checking him out...sad to say that I have never listened to him...eventho you have had that link in your sig for ages.
    but you and I seem to agree on many things, so I'm taking it as a given that I will enjoy his show.

Manram....dude...yes..ACDC does seem repetitive...but....for down and dirty hard rock...there arent many better.

and...Y&T Rocks!

they are a really good straight-ahead rock n roll band...kinda in the Great White mode....but not as polished.