1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody got the inside scoop on Survivor II?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Feb 23, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If anyone watched last night's episode at the end, they saw the preview which showed a crocodile or something splashing around in the water, a bunch of team members crying and scared looking, and a helicopter flying someone out of the outback. Does anyone know what happened? My guess would be it is not as bad as it appears but maybe a small crocodile got a hold of one of the tribe members near the water and took them for a ride. I figure if anything really bad happened, they wouldn't be able to keep it under raps as the show was filmed a while ago.

So, Smeg or anyone down under....got the scoop? Or, do we just have to wait until next week to find out Michael sprained his ankle while a crocodile dragged a pig to its death?

It's kind of intense having to wait but I don't want to miss the next one. I'm sure I will be let down, though.

Surf

------------------

2. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Allright....here's what I've heard here & there.

3 things could happen.....in order of probability.

1. Micheal burns the crap out of his hands.....maybe runs in the water to cool off

2. Camera dude gets bit by a snake....

3. Roger breaks his collarbone....unlikely, but still a rumour floating around.

4. None of the above...

Anyone else have the lowdown????

BTW.....word also is that the crew(and a couple of the contestants) spent most of the time getting stoned on some primo oz buds. Might explain some of those funky camera shots... [​IMG]

------------------

3. Timing

Timing Member

A poster on the MovieForums site says he thinks it's Michael getting burned somehow.

------------------
    "Relax... kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel then start worrying!" -Grumpier Old Men

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow this really has me intriugued , I cant wait for next Thursday , My guess is nothing serious happens but CBS overhypes it to make it look really horrible ,

------------------

5. kbm

kbm Member

<font size=8> Man, survivor is addictive! </font>

When survivor one aired, I didnt have a televsion, so I couldn't watch it. Now that I can, I cant get enough of it.

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

6. ScreamingRocketJet

How does anyone watch that crap?????

I watched it for an episode because it was set in Australia...and I am an Aussie.

It was bloody HILARIOUS. Seriously...it was flat out, ROTF hillarious....

The "outback" area they have set it in is dangerous...but does anyone actually think for a moment that they are really exposed to it?

They have film crews and other behind the scenes guys CLEARING IT OUT before they film...

Does anyone REALLY think they are going to have a 15 foot Croc come out and kill one of these idiots? That is what's known as a foreseeable danger...and thus whoever the TV companay making it would be liable for millions in damages...

Same with the sankes...their are snakes in those areas that can kill. Like they'd really risk that happening.

They will probably throw in "oh little Johnny got bitten by a brown snake" or something for dramtic purposes, but no way are they exposed to the dangerous ones.

None of it is real...it's just a "production" without actors, thus giving an illusionary effect as to being 'reality'

I hate to be the one to tell you all, but it's treated as a comedy down here...

------------------

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Duh....don't you think we know that(well most of us at least [​IMG] Of course it's going to be like that...it's network TV. But it is a somewhat intriguing look at human interaction...somewhat exagerated due to certain uncontrollable factors such as heat, hunger....kimmie's body odor..ect..

I heard he got caught whacking off in the bush.....

------------------

8. ScreamingRocketJet

Glad to know you guys don't think it's real:)

Why call it Survivor? Why not "Outback Holiday"
    Seems more appropriate:)

------------------

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Anybody hear the rumor that the real reason Kel was kicked off was becuz he slit a kangaroo's throat ?

------------------
    "Roses are red. Violets are blue. I'm a schizophrenic and so am I."

10. kbm

kbm Member

I just heard on E news daily that the survivor team member (sorry the show didn't mention any names) was airlifted off the island to a local hospital. (It was that servre).

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Yeah, like I said....most of us are smart enough to know. But there's always a few...probably more that a few that have no clue...

Actually from what I've seen lately, even the challenges are starting to look rather bogus. One of the contestants from the first survivor has filed a lawsuit stating that some of the others were coerced by the producer on who to vote for. Might be interesting if she wins.

------------------

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We know its not the "real" outback , but they cant have people dying all over the place .

------------------

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If you guys really want to know , I heard that Rodger falls off a horse(?) and breaks his collar bone .

------------------

14. dc sports

dc sports Member

This may be a silly question, but where did the horse come from?

Did Michael eat it?

------------------
    Stay Cool...