1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sean May

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, May 15, 2005.

1. cwww

cwww Member

I thought you were comparing Mo Taylor's rebounding to May's :D

Well, Sean May may not be a good shot blocker, but he's definitely a terrific rebounder at this stage of his career, 10.7 boards in 26.8 minutes a game is rare...

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of your picks i would say that Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, and Danny Granger will be gone before the 20's.

i don't like may at all. he is a big body and thats how he was able to get rebounds at the college level. in the nba you need to be able to rebound outside of your area (yao can't either).

Joey Graham is an interesting pick. I think he might be one of the most talented players to slip into the 20's (as it stands now).

Simien was talked about a lot. he is a solid choice.

at the top of my realistic wish list is ike diogu. he puts up the same #'s as simien except he blocks 2 shots a game.

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think the better comparison is Nick Collison is like Sean May without the post game. Both guys are very scrappy.

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Sean May = Robert "Tractor" Traylor. Compare their college statistics....THEN compare their girth.

My bet is that May will lose the weight before the draft. He could lose 10-15 pounds, increase his mobility, and impress in tryouts. OR he could eat fast food all offseason and stay fat and get called Little Tractor Traylor. It's up to Sean, really.

5. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

He isnt a top 5 player at all maybe not even top 10 but 15 for sure the only way we can get this guy is if we move up in the draft.

6. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Like I've been saying all along, May is Mo Taylor with rebounding and a little more Defense. He has a lot more work ethic, and I could definitely see him slimming down like Kenny Thomas did.

IMO, Sean May is a can't-miss role player. That's why he won't be anywhere near #24 on draft day.

Oh ya - isn't this the wrong forum?

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Two words: Over Rated...

Baby May is way too soft for the NBA...He'll be ok, but nothing spectacular...

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

I have seen both Nick Collison & Sean May played, IMO Sean May is miles ahead of Nick Collison. Sean May has solid fundamental, nice post games, a pretty good face up jumper, rebounds well by getting good positions and have a nose for where the ball is, excellent court vision and surprisingly good passing skills. Most of all, he steps up to the challenge and delivered unlike Collison.

9. leehoang

leehoang Member

Yeah, Sean May may have dominated in college, but wait till he gets to the NBA...

He's going to play scared and suck... wait, watch, and you'll see.

I wouldn't draft 'em.

10. RocketsFAN3035

after carefully reading what others of you have written about Sean May, it is time for the token Duke fan of the BBS to tell you what he thinks. I think he could be a solid player. Tough rebounder, trust me, he grabed 20 and scored 20 against Duke 2 times. But then there is the Mo T comparisions.

I read a sign at Cameron Indoor that said "Sean May ate all my cookies."

I read a BBS post that said "Mo T smoked all my weed."

See the resembelence?? :D ;)

11. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

I think in the draft we go after Fransisco Garcia out of Louisville. The guy can absolutely play and reminds me ALOT of Tashaun Prince. Could be the answer for our athletic swingman and pick up a big 4 in free-agency.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Sorry there Junior. Check out my post count... :D

I had season tickets to watch Johnnie Dawkins at Duke. Now go and get me my medicine.

13. Asian Sensation

Next Zach Randolph maybe? Nah....

14. RocketsFAN3035

my mistake, it'll never happen again. I just didn't realize anyone else out there even cared about Duke. I figured it was all Texas colleges and stuff.

That'll go on my sig sometime: "the Jr. Duke fan of the BBS....now if only I could find giddyup's medicine." lol

15. jsd59

jsd59 Member

I think yall are forgetting that we once said Tim Duncan wasnt goin to be a great player we said he would be soft.I have seen a little mean streak in may ,he might be just what we need

16. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

All you people talking crap about May are clueless and I really doubt the majority of you have seen him more than a game or two. Rick Majerus brought up a very good point when talking about May pointing out that offensively he's very effective to either shoulder, which is uncommon at any age, especially a 21 year old. And he's got amazing hands, so he and Yao Ming would work great together. Many people point out that he's not a good athlete, but he is a a very good athlete, he's just not Kevin Garnett or Marvin Williams. His hands also help him rebound the ball, he grabs anything near him.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I've very rarely seen a college player use both hands offensively the way May does. A great point. In the tournament he reminded me of Larry Johnson a little bit. Not necessarily their games because LJ liked to face up a lot but the way they were able to dominate their opponents. I just got the sense that May did pretty much whatever he wanted to do against his opponents just the way LJ did in college. Left hand, right hand, rebounding, passing, and intimidating on the defensive end. Plus the inangibles, leadership and intelligence. He's definitely not the modern day jump out of the gym type player but he really impressed me. Provided he's athletic enough, I think he's the type of player that would fit this team really well.

18. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

IIRC, he not only disappeared in the elite eight, but also in the final four. Considering that our bench disappeared in game seven...he may be the perfect fit.