1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob Sura Goats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by yangstax, May 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. yangstax

yangstax Contributing Member

2. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

No one should bring these kinds of goats into the Toyota Center. If they did, no security officers should take them out. The Cubs have the "Billy Goat Curse". The Rockets don't need to have the "Bobby Goat Curse".

#2 DeAleck, May 14, 2005
    Last edited: May 14, 2005
  3. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

goats fall in a faint :)

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's going to be a LONG offseason. :D

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

THIS IS THE BEST POST OF THE WEEK !

(only 6 months to training camp)

6. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

and Bob Sura faints

lol :D

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

:D

Ha Bob Sura Goats.

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

If these goats are thriving I think we have evidence against Evolution. Somehow I can't see fainting as an advantage in natural selection.

9. We're Back

We're Back Member

It is quite elementary how fainting could be advantageous within Darwin's theory reagarding natural selection and "evolution". Since the fainting spells are brought on when the goat is startled, it is clear that the reaction is triggered by the ancient beast's instinctive fear of being killed and eaten like so much mutton. Thusly, it is clear that at even the slightest hint of danger the goats faint. The goats are playing dead, only they're not playing. As soon as they sense danger, they resemble just another rotting carcas to, say, a particular and well-fed wolf. Predators ignore the goat becasue they think it is dead. The reason that they all faint is that because all of the other goats from that area that didn't were eaten and eliminated long ago. I hope you enjoyed your fee lesson in Darwinian Theory, Grasshopper.

10. droxford

droxford Member

Kinda reminds me of my parents and in-laws. They all wake up at 4 a.m., so during the day, if they sit still for more than 5 minutes they fall asleep.

11. moomoo

moomoo Member

This is not evidence against evolution, but only illustrates that natural selection is no match for artifical selection by humans. Look at all the breeds of relatively useless domestic dogs that exist today. No way a (chihuahua/toy poodle/maltese/any other toy breed) could actually survive in the wild where natural selection exerts a greater influence. Same goes for these Sura goats.

12. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

What about a pack of toy poodles, say 20 dogs, swarming other small animals in the wild? :p

13. Sishir Chang

I was saying that somewhat with my tongue in my cheek but I would be curious if this was a trait specifically or accidently bread into goats. I'm just curious when and how fainting goats were first domesticated.

14. Sishir Chang

appreciate the lesson but I don't think that's a problem since I'm one of the biggest defenders of Darwinism in the D & D and was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

I would be curious though about how such a trait persisted. Fainting goats might stop some predators but not all and probably not wolves and coyotes which have been known to scavenge.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Considering that the goats only stiffen up for a couple seconds and then try to run again, I'm thinking this fainting didn't really fool too many predators.

16. We're Back

We're Back Member

artificial selection inherently equals natural selection.

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Those goats are French.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I read that back when they would transport huge herds of goats they would have a few fainting goats in the herd. They would be the sacrifice for when the herd would be attacked by predators. The main herd would get away but the fainting goats would be the ones picked up by the predators.

19. macfan

macfan Contributing Member