1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Realistically getting Chandler...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by douglasreedy1, May 9, 2005.

1. lalala902102001

There is a rumor flowing around that Chandler will sign a one-year tender with Chicago and return home to become a Laker in 2006.

However, as we Rockets fans have learned, you can't take any rumor regarding the Lakers seriously these days.

2. fanwq

fanwq Member

Yes,if he comes to Rockets,Tri angle attack formula will be realized.

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

He is restricted. He will sign for a big contract this year and not risk a 1 year deal with an uncertain future.

Either he stays in Chicago for big money (I would say like 8+ mil for many years) or they facillitate S&T. But I don't see how we would be in the bidding. The best we could do is a couple #1s, NY #2 and expiring contracts. I just can't see it happening.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Nobody will offer him a massive one year deal. What's the point to do that? Pay big bucks and let him walk after one season? If he decides to play for one year and be unrestricted FA, he'll have to take qualifying offer from Chicago, which is about 6Mil. It's highly unlikely considering they are doing well in East and he has back injury already.

Rockets basicly has no chance on Chandler.

5. Kneepad

Kneepad Contributing Member

Rumor has it that rumor was started by an L.A. columnist... not to be taken seriously.

For what it's worth, Chandler is on record as saying he loves Chicago and wants to re-sign there. Of course, that could be just lip service. Really though, Chandler has been part of a long rebuilding process that is finally starting to pay dividends. Why would he want to leave now unless the money isn't there?

6. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Is Tyson Chandler the guy who you want to risk a Joe Smith situation on? I mean, I'm a Bulls freak and love Tyson on my team, but I wouldn't want Stern coming down on my team over something like this.

7. SilverSaint

SilverSaint Member

do you guys think there is a way to get Cato back?

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

it'll take way too many twinkies, not enough for what he is worth...

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Grab Zendon Hamilton.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

Does Bo Outlaw have anything left in the tank?

I loved his hustle when he was here in LA.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

don't want him!
    end of story!

12. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Desperately seeking Susan...

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

oh susan left with Mike, sorry....

14. Bob

Bob Member

The max contract for a 3 yr vet in 2004 was $10,960,000. This year it will be similar. Chicago would match that offer. The GM can't afford to look stupid after saying he would match any offer.