1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Season Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by intergalactic, May 8, 2005.

1. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

While everybody knows we've had a painful end to the season, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to all the great things about this year. Despite our loss, I can honestly say this is one of my favorite seasons ever, behind only the championship years.

* Jeff van Gundy. He showed the will of a tiger, and did arguably the best coaching job in Rockets history.

* Tracy McGrady. I can't tell you how many of his plays, in
    every facet of the game, made my jaw drop. It's guys like this that make it a joy to be a fan.

* Yao Ming. Yao catches the ball, we score. Enough said.

* Mike James. I haven't had this much fun watching a bench player since Sam Cassell.

* Caroll Dawson. Fleeced Orlando, bringing us a player destined to be one of the best in franchise history. Brought us an outstanding group of role players essentially for free, all while upgrading our chemistry from F to A.

* The role players. If you like basketball, then you like these guys. They made smart plays and they gave it their all. After the struggles of the last few seasons, these qualities brought a tear to my eye.

So thank you to all the Rockets, to the coach, to the GM, and of course to everyone on ClutchFans. Keep up the great work, and let's own everything next year!

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

ouch no replies?

go rocks!

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Good points but one observation...

T-Mac should have played 48 mins. in game 7.

I don't care who it is, but true leaders never give up until the clock reads 0:00.0.

I agree that we'll be back though.