1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props to the Toyota Center crowd tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, May 6, 2005.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

The old intro from 95? If so.....that tecno theme used to be the best.........drove people crazy when they heard that. They need to bring that back!

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

That was the best i have ever seen the crowd. It was electric insdie the TC last night!

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

what chants were there, if any?

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

PLEASE Don't hate on the crowd if you weren't at the game!!!

I was at the game and it was deafening from tip-off till the end. I was on the upper deck sec 419 and was standing almost the entire game. There was a row of Mav fans behind me and I taunted their punkasses the whole game especially after BIG threes. I flashed the 3 symbol that the rox do and wave my fingers everytime Mutombo blocked or altered a shot. The crowd was AWESOME!!! The upper deck fans were off the hook, people were chanting "BULLSH#T" at bad calls, "MVP" for T-Mac, I tried to start the JVG chant but it didn't catch on, there were also "Dampier Sucks" chants and "Lets' go Rockets, clap, clap, clap Let;s go rockets" chants.

After the game, people were chanting and screeming all over the streets downtown and honking non-stop, it was AWESOME!!!

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if the tc croud can keep this up we will do fine in the playoffs.

6. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"DAMPIER SUCKS-DAMPIER SUCKS-DAMPIER SUCKS"

"MVP-MVP-MVP" - When T-Mac was shooting free throws.

"BULL $#!T-BULL $#!T-BULL $#!T" - On a bad call from the refs.

"ROCKETS BALL!" - Whos ball is it?!?

Some Guys behind me kept yelling "KIETH VANHORN-KIETH VAN HORN-KIETH VAN HORN" everytime Dirk did good! :D

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I agree, for the first time the TC crowd sounded really loud. Those chants of D-Fence made me feel like I was back in The Summit for a playoff game.

Nice to see Drexler, Hayes and Malone sitting there watching the game. Some Rocket and NBA royalty in attendance. Maybe Drexler has shown T-Mac where the 95 Rockets hid the fat lady. Time for the 05 Rockets to avoid elimination a 2nd time on Saturday.

8. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I would like to add that we in the upper deck neear mid court (428 and 427) stood the ENTIRE FOURTH QUARTER

if only the folks in the expensive seats would have turned around and looked up, they would have seen how to do it

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was there and was very impressed as well.

A couple of notes, whoever said 70% of the corporate seats/suites were empty is smoking crack. Per the usual, there was some emptynessat the beginning of the game and beginning of 2nd half, and the last few minutes as the outcome was determined.

But even those times it was still pretty packed. During the meat of the playing, pretty much ever seat seemed full to me, with mostly energetic fans.

Second, "Dampier Sucks"??? I wasn't near that chant and heard it but couldn't figure out if that is what they were chanting, and if so, why? Everyone knows he sucks!

In any case, definitely the loudest, rowdiest game I've been to at TC. But I was at game 3, and I thought that was plenty loud as well...just the Rockets sucked at the end instead of playing well...that does make a pretty big difference.

And in the lower bowl most people were standing most of the 4th quarter also.

10. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

I was in phoenix airport and thanks for the TNT service they provide there I could watch the first 3 quarters before boarding.
    It's the first time I saw so much waving stuff when Dallas hit free throws. It's like a home game.
    And BTW, Bowen impressed me a lot. No smiling but a little bit of beard . Sure I am talking about that with his great performance.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I heard someone yell "Stern Sucks" on TNT.:D

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fantastic crowd. Just amazing. That's the Houston I know and love... it can take forever, but they eventually ROCK!!

13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Someone also yelled, "Dirk SUCKS!" real loud on TV.. it was funny as hell. Great crowd. Good job Houston!

14. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

AMAZING CROWD!

I held up my "Free Van Gundy!!!" sign for a while - no one complained about that.

A friend of mine had a sign relating to Derek Harper who was near him. He & harper had a friendly little trash-talking session going.

People did ask me to take off my sombrero after a bit though. It was big & I was happy to oblige. Kept my afro/wig on instead.

BUT, some jerk two rows back kept yelling at the kids one row back to sit early in the game. The guy looked like he wanted to kill those kids. Funny though, in the 4th quarter EVERYONE was standing. I think I saw people rise out of wheelchairs. It was funny seeing "jerk" forced to stand b/c the other 17,000 people at TC decided to.

I am hoarse today. Great game. Incredible atmosphere.

GO ROCKETS!

15. rday

rday Contributing Member

In the hallway just after the game while everyone was waiting to go down the escalators a very spirited "Dallas Sucks" chant started; it was awesome.

16. FranchiseBoi86

Awesome game! There were two Mavs fans sitting in our row that kept talking crap, and we responded each time the Rockets stuffed it in their faces. At one point, one of the Rockets Tundra Zone guys came out and the idiot Mavs fan started pushing him for no reason. A small asian kid about 18 years old pushing a 300+ pound guy. The guy was about to bash him on the head and we kept telling security to kick the Mavs fans out. Finally, the security came and took them away. Hilarious!

17. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Finally!

18. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Ive been to every playoff game(cause I have to) and the last two home games were alot alike...

Maybe it's because of I watch the game from almost every angle possible...

(perks of the job)

19. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Nice!

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

There were 4 mavs fans that i had seen coming down the escalators that were actually at Live eating before the game...they looked so scared amongst a sea of red...you see them put their heads down as everyone was just talking so much crap to them and laughing....

I asked my bartender to spill a drink "accidently" when they were here but she said no lol...