1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Scalpers for tonights game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gummi Clutch, May 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I went to pick up my tickets for tonights game @ TC today at 11AM. The place was already crawling with them. There were at least 5 scalpers that I encountered from my car to the ticket window, and I parked in the free parking right in front of the Arena!!! :eek:

I thought it was illegal for these guys to sell on TC property?

"you need some tickets?"
    "you got some tickets! wanna sell them?":(

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Just, uh, curious, but what kind of seats do those guys sell? Upper bowl? Lower? Midcourt would be nice. :)
    I'm with gummi clutch though, I thought it was illegal and they or anyone that bought from them could get slapped down by the law.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

depends on how far away they are from the stadium.

and with no police out there enforcing it, they really don't care.

you can scalp tickets at the ballpark just right across crawford.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I believe there's a feet restriction.

1. You cannot sell the tickets within a few hundred feet from the TC.
    2. You cannot have more than 2 feet while selling them. :eek:

5. Houstonrocketss

Thet cross walk by polk is as far as you can go selling tickets...
    Once you step foot on TC property you get caught selling or even buying tickets they will confiscate them and your subject to arrest.

They have undecover cops trolling the area looking for idiots who try to do this....

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Its worse for Aeros games. I went to meet my sister and her husband in front of the TC last Oct. so I can give them the tixs i got from work, anyways, they had homeless looking people coming up to every person to see if they had extra tixs to give away. They would take them and sell them to others who still needed to buy tixs. They would tell them that the game was "sold out". Now, when in the hell was the last time an Aeros game was sold out? I guess they also try to sell them less than face to get some money out of it. I just thought it was ludacris.

7. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

I'm sure there will be plenty of tix available for tonight - the demand has bottomed out - last week upper deck were going for 150-200 a piece, this morning I scored 2nd row of the upper deck for $32 per

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

upper deck for $200!?!?!? :eek:
    Man they really are fair weathered fans!:rolleyes:

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

when we were leaving the TC(after not gettin in for the rowdiness thing) we heard scalpers saying 60 and 80 dollars. i didnt bother tho. too tired by then, and dissapointed bout not gettin in.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

same here.

i went home and had my free beer and pizza.

'eff the toyota center.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

:D

actually the TC is still pretty cool, the rockets PR ppl suck, and so do the damn tundra dancers, fatasses