1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Channel 2 News Bust yet more pervs!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Houstonrocketss, May 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yeah they're the ones who posted that actresses who will be hot when they're legal thread.

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

It's not. There have been many cases where cops pose as little kids online and arrange to meet the pervs at a location.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

As long as cops-playing-kids aren't proactively soliciting sex, I think they can and do just this.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Regardless of legality, it seems pretty sleazy of Channel 2 to try to participate in the stimulation of pedophiles erotic desires for small children (and providing them whackoff material) in order to generate ratings for sweeps and profiteer off of them.

That station really is the bottom of the barrel.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

WHAT?! Give me a break, it's not like they have a Dog doing the weather or anything...... oh wait.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree. i wince everytime i see them do stuff like this. and that damn dog pisses me off, too. :)

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They have a dog doing the weather? Wow I will have to look for that next time I am in town.

8. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

Entrapment shouldn't be an issue if the guys are initiating the conversation and the meet-up. The article notes at least a couple of times that the men had chances to back out. I'm sure this is done for purposes of defending any potential entrapment allegations.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This actually just makes pedophiles harder to prosecute. I'm pretty sure that the cops can't use Channel 2's little sting as evidence, so they can't charge these idiots. And stupid pervs they may be, they're probably not going to fall for a legit police sting after being burned once already.

I'm sure Channel 2 would say, "Sure, but now he's not going to try to hook up with 12-year-olds!" Uh, right. If these guys could stop lusting after children, they would. They have a problem that they are unable to control and they can't stop. Only now they'll be extra careful and cover their tracks so that they're harder to catch again.

That's all not to mention the fact that this is one of the more cynical attempts at a ratings grab I can remember. Yeah, pedophiles' behavior is totally unacceptable and they need to be kept away from children. Only this doesn't accomplish that goal! The goal it accomplishes is getting people to tune in to watch some commercials!

11. Houstonrocketss

Well from what I can gather I bet these guys now will be investigated and possibly have their hard drives looked into for traces of child p*rn...

They are gonna bust more tonight!

12. aghast

aghast Member

I miss Houston's sophisitication.

My local Fox affiliate's hyped segment "every parent must see" only showed kids how to prolong what Fox insists is their inevitable abductions by swarthy men in late-model luxury sedans. Tip: grab onto the steering wheel and don't let go, even if your ransom-seeking abductor bashes your head in for your insolence.

My point: my local Fox affiliate, while admirably attracting an audience who fear for their children's lives, failed utterly in at the same time titillating said audience with illicit tales of teeny p*rn. Shame on you Fox 5, the only place for Weather on the 5s!

[​IMG]
    Stuck in the purgatory of local television in a mid-level market, the not-so-funny weatherman finds himself being humped by a dog everyone apparently considers his celebrity better.

Thus beginneth the Frank Billingsley suicide watch.

[​IMG]
    Thus beginneth our democracy's suicide watch.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm aghast!

14. aghast

aghast Member

I'm pleasantly surprised.

I, too, was unaware that Houston had a talking dog that predicted the future while he simultaneously dry-humped/usurped the afternoon weather guy's last remaining dignity. Bravo, News 2 Houston, bravo.

Are they up to Doppler 8,000 yet?