1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG Support / Officiating Petition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aeroman10, May 3, 2005.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

I say forget the petition....Stern is just gonna dismiss it as a paper with only a few hundred signatures.

If you wanna get to him...do it live with 18,000 other Rox fans on NATIONAL TV for game 6.

Let him here the chants of STERN'S AN AS$HOLE!....... he'll listen and recieve the message, loud and clear. We the fans are the league's business, he cant ignore that.

Houston, on game 6, let Stern know how you feel. I wanna hear it so media outlets like ESPN now have something to talk about for days to come, thus it will never leave Stern alone and nag him. He can fine Van Gundy for stating what he believes but he cant fine us fans for doing the same.....freedom of speach, you fans have the power, its time to use it in a public forum.

And while your at it, I wanna here a "CUBAN SUCKS" chant too cause I hate that Mofo......the NBA should have fined him for pretending to shoot "the finger" at us fans. We need to get plain "Detroit-style" on him for that so bring your quarters.....

We need a petition showing our displeasure of Cuban's actions to be sent to Stern's office as well......

3. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Should we take this to Yao's website? Maybe his fans there would like to sign the petition too.

4. canoner2002

5. canoner2002

I bet it is gonna be awhile before Stern will dare to show up in Toyota center next time. But rembmer he has to come to our ASG! Let's remember this day and make sure he get the LOUDEST BOO in this statium.

6. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

7. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

8. armada

armada Member

9. Houstonrocketss

Signed......I am still pissed though:p

10. rocket999

rocket999 Contributing Member

Signed #597

11. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Guys, don't waste your time. Online petitions have zero value.

Great spirit though, but seriously, better to figure out how you can make a case that the officiating is hurting the game, and therefore the NBA's bottom line.

12. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

It was a pleasure to sign!!!

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

if this thing gets a couple of thousand somehow, i think the NBA may look at, probably won't, but may. this is just so people can voice their opinions and possibly get them heard. this isn't going to change anything, but it can bring to light that many fans are disgusted with the NBA and its officiating.

14. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

when I signed there were twelve of us, now there is 681, holy $hit

16. canoner2002

If this petition is accompanied by Chinese translation, and spread among Yao's fans, we may see 10,000 signatures. You never know.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I know, I'm #3 on that list.

18. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Not when the petition is signed "Houston Rockets Fans"....

The irony is that if you worded in a different way, you could probably get funding from Mark Cuban and fans of the other 30 odd cities or whatever.

Just as an FYI, the privacy policy on the site does state that they will not put your email address on any kind of mailing list. The site however is owned by an advertising agency, and they claim only 25% of their revenues are generated from advertising on the site. Which does leave on to wonder where the other 75% is coming from....

19. aries323

aries323 Member

Gumby, you da man... Signed

20. Wolfhound

Wolfhound Member

Signed....now lets get game 6.