1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 5: The Officiating Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vwiggin, May 2, 2005.

1. leehoang

leehoang Member

Refs got paid.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It's sort of strange that even though Yao was reasonably reffed tonight, they found other ways to make it tough for us to win. :(

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

already a thread on this, lock it up please

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

RAYRAY that's how I felt..that I wasn't going to watch the next game..cuz we lost not just cuz of the refs..but then I watched YOYO's video and it inspired me to just have to watch tonight's game lol.

Anyways..I think we should e-mail whoever the heck we have to in NBA..get like 100,000 people to email them and all tell them how much the referees suck.

NBA is entertainment business..profit...but yeah officiating unfair and horrible.

I wonder what JVG has to say about this game.

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Who's gonna to bring some ref bashing banner to game 6? Houston fans are too laid back. If this were in a soccer game in some other countries, those refs would get their houses burned.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Cradle it from who? A fan in the front row? Barry was fixing to pass it off! Finley was nothing more than a spectator. The officiating was unacceptable tonight. Someone will pay for this!

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Watching the postgame right now...JVG wants really bad to rip the officials..he is just not saying it straight out. He mentioned Finley out of bounds twice and called the officials great...

F..k those f...kers

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

If the situation is reversed, you can rest assured that refs will call a loss ball foul on whichever Rockets player tries the steal.

9. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

When this happened where was the supposed foul? Didnt Stack trip over Barry who was laying on the ground?

10. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Barry was standing right next to the line. He probably knew that no one could blind side him with a steal because in order to steal the ball in that situation, YOU WOULD HAVE TO COME FROM OUT OF BOUNDS.

Too bad the refs couldn't figure that out.

Is David Stern going to attend the game in Houston?

I hope he is. I have some gifts for him. :D

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah he was handing it off to Tmac..he didn't know a guy like Finley could be out of bounds and just come from behind and knock it from him. Barry knew he was right at the baseline..didn't know Finely could do that! Finley is the master at getting steals..refs love to see Finley get steals. :rolleyes:

But on a positive note, I LOVED YAO TONIGHT. He owned!!! Do it every game big man! We need some Bill Walton and Hubie Brown in the house along with Steve Kerr, Calvin Murphy, Van Chancellor, Bill Worrell, and Matt Bullard. :)

Yao was awesome..I loved it..very very very efficient. Rockets are definitely going to be better next season.

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

HOW CAN THAT BE A FOUL WHEN YOU'RE JUST LAYING THERE! GREAT

13. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

that was the most ****en bull**** calls i ever ****en seens.... on top of all that ****en ****.. they were the worst ****en calls i ever seen... how the hell these ****en dumbass ****en refs get a ****en paycheck for ****en swinging ****en games like that... artghhhhhhhhhhhhasdj,fgksafhjkdfsahg;kldsrhguioerhkie I just cant believe that ****en ****... someone better be ****en fired but butt ****en 8am tomorrow for ****en **** up.... if not then we all now the this ****en **** is just as good as ****en wrestling... its call ****en fixed...... **** the bull ****en ****....

sorry i had to vent

14. Man

Man Contributing Member

lol what areyour gifts I have some for him too!

15. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Contributing Member

the whole Mavs team gave blow jobs to the refs at cuban's house

16. whats up

whats up Contributing Member

Don't forget the hack on Yao by Nowitski in the third when Yao made a layout. It was obvious(on TV) that Dirk slapped his arm on the layup and Yao was complaining. Plus that last foul the refs didn't call on Dirk, he should have fouled out by the three minute mark. In all, he was allowed seve fouls! :mad:

17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Oh oh, the league is threatening JVG with an investigation and said that depending on the outcome his status as a coach maybe in jeopardy....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I really hope some of the so-called basketball analysts in the national media back up Van Gundy today on the ref situation.

I wonder which journalist would have the integrity to point out David Stern is not wearing any clothes.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I guess they think that they can f*ck him some more. After all, tonight's little f*cking job wasn't enough.

20. rocket999

rocket999 Contributing Member

I'm sure Barry wasn't expecting someone to come from WAY out of bounds...