1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/25/2005 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2005.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

KVH looked dangerous, he's going to be more than just a handful for the rest of the series.

What the hell is Sura doing in that picture?

Can someone please post an animated gif of Yao's dunk? Thanks.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I WANT TO SEX T-MAC!!!

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

But he missing one shot. How could he?:mad: Didn't he once make 20 out of 20FG, and 10+ FT, and 20+rb in a playoff game back in CBA?

4. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Everyone faints tonight!!!:D :D :D

5. walterw

walterw Member

Everybody seems to have blamed KVH a little too much for Dallas' loss. Yes, he did give up two open shots in one position, and he did come a little late defending TMac's winning basket.

But as the superstar in the team, Dirk got the ball in the low post
    with Barry defending him, he gave up the ball to KVH. That is not going to get it done.

TMac is the true superstar, period.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I didn't wanna make a new post for this, but I can't edit right now for some reason.

Did y'all notice how many users were on at one point!? It was a thing of beauty! There were 906 of us on at 12:10, WOO! Clutch City represent!

7. swu

swu Contributing Member

Anybody watching Dirk's press conference on NBATV right now? He sighed literally before starting every sentence... LOL

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Some Thoughts

Great overall game. By both teams actually. Dallas played very well, what can you do against t-mac.

Yao played VERY well, he faded a bit toward the end of the game, but ya know, it was a watershed game for him to step up like this in the playoffs. I really hope he comes out like this every game for now on and we never see the self-conscious unsure Yao at least until the fall.

Tracy MacGrady is on the way to establishing himself as the premier player in the game. There isn't a player in the game today that is measuring up.

Eric Dampier was nearly deadly. He did a lot of damage...that really worries me.

Playing Jon Barry, Mike James, Bobby Sura at the same time with T-Mac at the 4 was a brilliant move by Gundy.

Sura saved what was shaping up to be an atroious game for him with those three's at the end. His ball-handling looked very second rate this game.

Dallas really is in big trouble here. They played so well tonight, shot extermely well, and hard to imagine them playing better on Thursday in a hostile crowd. But I do expect them to bounce back, they are just too experienced and deep to roll over and die.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Now that I've calmed down a bit, there's something I have to say. The Mav's can't beat us. They shot something like 70% from the 3 tonight and still lost. I'd have thought it absolutely impossible to beat a team that shoots 70% from the three and takes that many of them, but sure enough, our Rockets did it. Get your brooms out. It's over in 4.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Enjoy this win guys. We stole this game in the 4th quarter. I'm still baffled by us winning this game. I've grown so accustomed to past Rockets teams falling apart during the 4th quarter when the other team starts to pull away.

Our guys showed serious moxie tonight. Did you see how quickly we chipped into that 8 point lead late in the game? Bobby Sura was on fire in the 4th quarter, and Mike f'n James made a huge steal with 1:50 left in the game.

But let's keep things in perspective. If Dallas comes out and wins game 3 this is still anyone's series. If we win game 3, Dallas will not be able to mentally come back. Can't stress how pivotal the Game 3 win is for Houston!

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think one of the funniest images I'll take from tonight's game came at the end of the broadcast. After T-Mac gave his on court interview they panned through the crowd. They started with a Rockets fan with painted hair. Then moved to 2 guys who seriously looked like they could be extras from either the hillbilliest skit on Blue Collar TV or actors that were rejected from the cast of Deliverance because they looked to back-woodsy. They both had on Mav's t-shirts and looked as if they just found out their best hunting dog died. You could see the hamster wheel turning in one guys head, while he was obviously thinking "If I just had my ol' shotgun, I'd shoot me a few Rockets and end this here series."

12. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!

Been a while since I Jumped outta my chair yelling at the TV during a Rox game, but it happened 3 times tonight.

1. T Mac facial tomahawk slam on Stik Bradley (and one).
    2. Yao dunk on T Mac dish late in game.
    3. T Mac 22 ft jumper w/ 2.2 seconds to go.

Simply awesome guys.... awesome.

Were going places.

CLUTCH CITY 3 ... IT LIVES!!!!!!!

13. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Tmac with the game winner. it was really a duo effort by our two superstars. Yao setting that excellent pick and tracy draining it.

14. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Ding ding ding. That's one thing that really worries me - the offense looked terrible for a few stretches. Even though they scored more, I thought things looked more in control in Game 1. I thought there was too much dribbling to get by a man instead of passing around the perimeter.

But in any case, the Rockets STILL won. Dallas shot lights out from the 3 and they STILL lost. Wow.

I have chills for the first time since 1997... Woo-hoo!

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i only saw the fourth quarter, apparently i missed a dominant 1st half by Yao, but from what I saw( a barry lay-in, 2 mike james steals and a layin, t-mac to yao for the dunk, suras CLUTCH threes, and T-macs unbelievable shots in the fourth) we are in the drivers seat to win this bad boy...

even when Dallas outrebounds us we win, and this was one of the points of staying with them in the series...

still, though, i worry about the mavs winning games 3 or 4 in Houston with their backs against the walls....

we will see what transgresses...

on a side note, i passed by a honky tonk bar in NYC that was playing the game tonight, the place was packed, but i had to get home to watch the game, but i stuck my head in, caught the score and shouted GO ROCKETS!!!

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

This was a fantastic win. My only complaint was when Wesley was missing everything. I thought JVG would put in James in quicker than he did. Also when Dirk went out and JVG still kept bowen in the game, I thought he should have went to padgett quicker. Padgett though with very few mins is probably cold. I expect him to be a bigger factor in the next game. JVG will definitely keep giving them different looks.

*BIGGIESTUFF FAINTS*

17. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

This is great. Here is a quote from the mavtalk forum about Yao and the officiating...

18. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Classic!

19. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Watching the post game interviews on NBATV, its looks like Dirk has checked it in. Man I hope we can finish it this weekend and Memphis puts up atleast a small fight.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

words cant do justice i nearly cried at the end of the game

2-0 :D