1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Steve Kerr a douchebag?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Mar 29, 2005.

?

1. Yes

161 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Whats a douche?

45 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The question at hand:

The prosecution would like to offer into evidence the four following pieces of evidence:
    First: During the Houston San Antonio T-MAC miracle Steve Kerr is quotted as saying that it was not a miracle, or even a miraculous performance by Tracy McGrady, in fact it was just a tremendous collapse by San Antonio. I could believe this statement to be true if it were not for the fact that SA did sink their free throws down the stretch, not only that, the defense that they played against the Rockets including T-Mac was still at a stellar Spurs level. It was not a collapse, T-Mac was possessed, end of story.
    Second: throughout the entire season Steve Kerr has put us on his top five twice! While this is not my most damning piece of evidence, I cannot help but wonder why Kerr would take us off of his top five last week, and let us return this week. Ponder that if you will.
    Thrid: Kerr used the flying dildo logo (I don't like saying that, I feel like I'm six years old) instead of our new Quake inspired logo, this is surely unforgivable.
    Last of all: for years Kerr has "dissed" and "disreptected" the Houston Rockets organization just because his mouth salivates everytime his says San Antonio Spurs. While I am not a Spurs fan, I do believe they deserve respect for the orginization Tim Duncan has constructed for them. I feel that they are indeed the front runners for the championship, however, that is not to say Houston is not a contender. It would be sheer lunacy to contend that Houston is not a championship contender, injuries aside, Houston can beat any team in the league with the exceptions of the Charlette Bobcats, the Vancouver Grizzles (not Memphis, actually Vancouver), and the New Orleans Hornets. Seeing how none of these teams will actually be in the playoffs, I see a bright future for Houston. I do not know, or comprehend why Steve Kerr remains ignorant to these facts.

2. insane man

insane man Member

yes off with his head.

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan whacked him. Now you know why.

4. piggy

piggy Member

Wasn't it Steve Kerr that used a not-so-politically-correct term to refer to Yao Ming his rookie year?

If so, add that to the evidence.

...oh yeah, and off with his head!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

And the Chinaman with the great dunk.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Steve Kerr is and always will be a San Antonio homer. So he'll look down his nose, for the most part, at Houston. We have to deal with him a lot because he still lives (I think?) in San Antonio, and so it's easy for him to throw on his suit and commentate on our games.

So we're stuck with the little rat bas**rd.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Four people voted no, I'd like to know why, I'm not calling you out, I'm just trying to understand. Help me, help you.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Kerr is either a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

9. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

During the Steve Francis era the Rocket organization was a joke, especially compared to the Spurs. Compare the best players, draft picks, international players, wins, losses, championships, style of play. We had the advantage in three catagorys; dribbling out the clock and getting a bad shot, dribbling the ball until it was kicked out of bounds, and technical fouls against Steve for hanging on the rim.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

What does that have to do with the Rockets now?

11. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

I like Stve Kerr on TV. I accept his bias towards the Spurs and the old Bulls the same way I accept that Bob Ryan will probably make a Celtic reference, or Peter Vesscy will talk about New York.

12. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

The Defense would like to make a statement on Steve's behalf:

"....yes, my client is a douchebag and a goof as a commentator... but at least he never played for the Rockets..."

[​IMG]

#12 Willis25, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Kerr is a commentator. Picking between him and Stephen A. Smith is kind of like choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich, but that doesn't MAKE him a douche.

I voted no because Kerr is a homer, nothing more, nothing less. It makes me roll my eyes a bit as commentators are supposed to try to be unbiased, but it seems like every commentator has their own internal biases.

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

He took our joooob!

15. micah1j

micah1j Member

Best Thread of the Week!

16. We're Back

We're Back Member

I voted 'No'.
    Kerr's dad was one of the 250 Marines killed by Hezbollah in Lebanon in 1982. Knowing that, I just always feel for the guy.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Kerr is a homer, but not a douchebag. Frankly, Sean Elliott's commentating annoys me a lot more than Kerr's.

18. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Steve Kerr doesn't like the Rockets, so he bashes us. But don't worry, the Rockets lovers are well-represented in the National media. We have Kenny Smith and Bill Walton who can rain the praises if we need them to.

BTW, Kerr just put us up in the top 5, and we reward him with calling him a douchebag? He might very well be one, but why call him that now?

19. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I said this in the other thread, but it bear's repeating

ST-uck F-eeve

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Vote or Die Mutha*****r, Mutha*****r vote or die!