1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Extra High Security at Tonights Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Mar 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. today

today Contributing Member

If you don't mind me asking, does DCballer work for the Rockets or at the Toyota Center? If so, what is his position?

I'm driving down from College Station tonight for the game and would like to be reassured that this is not related to the BP explosion and/or possible terrorist threats.

2. Mattj

Mattj Member

I asked about this at shootaround this morning, and according to the Rockets, this is a Toyota Center advisory, not NBA related, they do it at random events every now and then just as a pre-caution and as practice for their personnel. The memo had already been written and released priot to the unfortunate explosion yesterday. It's not just Rocket games that this occurs, it happens at some concerts and so forth as well.

3. Houstonrocketss

I just got the email just now about extra security....
    Gotta love those wands!

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

WoW!
    A Mattj sighting!!!
    And I am honored enough to have him celebrate his :eek: 10th :eek: post in my presence!!!:D

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

HOUSTON ROCKETS
    MEDIA ADVISORY

Toyota Center announced today that elevated security procedures will be in place for Thursday night's home game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. All fans and media entering Toyota Center will be screened by a metal detector hand wand. Due to potential delays caused by security procedures, fans are encouraged to arrive early for Thursday's 7:30 p.m. tip-off vs. the Cavaliers.

"The elevated security procedures that will be in effect for Thursday night's game are part of our overall Toyota Center operations practices, said Toyota Center General Manager Doug Hall. In order to ensure that our security procedures remain efficient and comprehensive, we occasionally select random Toyota Center events for these types of elevated security practices.

Fans are not allowed to carry large bags or coolers into Toyota Center. All bags will be inspected.

Thanks for your support!

Your Houston Rockets

Houston Rockets * Toyota Center * 1510 Polk * Clutch City, TX 77002 * 713-758-7200

I got that email yesterday

6. coma

coma Contributing Member

So I assume that doors open to fans at 6p?

7. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Actually I know why...

TUNDRA will be performing tonight....

(with Jonathon Walton of Ch. 11 Walton's World)

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is done for your protection. It says so right on the back of the tickets, that;s how I know. Uf course it does me wonder what they are thinking when they sell that dangerous stuff to me!

Don't even get me started on the convienience fees.:mad:

9. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

me too Andy..red hair....

10. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Do those wands even work????? I rushed to the game from work and I accidently brought a screw driver (i keep one in my pocket while at work sometimes) and I didn't want to walk all the way back to my car to put it away so i'd thought I'd try to get by security and did! the wand went right over my pocket and nothing. :confused:

11. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

That, is not too cool. Sounds like the type of thing that needs to be brought to the attention of the proper authorities.